The Fran fade

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
O yeah. ******* Fran can give some time and a few bucks to charity and that totally redeems the other 99% of his time spent in assholedude mode. Color me impressed..
i guess at least Fran doesn't put his kids in section 8 housing.

Reactions: Acylum

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
i guess at least Fran doesn't put his kids in section 8 housing.
That's true. Nor does he chew cud. And he doesn't HIRE his kids, even though he plays them.

Also, although he tried to recruit a convicted felon, at least he hasn't actively sought to undermine criminal prosecutions like Stevey Alford did. They have a fine tradition in IA City it seems.

Last edited:

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
O yeah. ******* Fran can give some time and a few bucks to charity and that totally redeems the other 99% of his time spent in assholedude mode. Color me impressed..
What off the court assholedude things has he done? I count the Ohio state ******* cheater thing as court related.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I'm not going to lie, this thread staying alive pisses me off. Fran is taking a team that was projected to do nothing after cook left, and that had no expectations for any success, to the NCAA tournament (most likely a top 24 seed as well).

On the flip side, Prohm is taking a team that everyone had pegged going to the tournament straight to the cellar of the Big12. How can any of us talk **** right now? Are we just trolling just to troll?

They only have 1-16 seeds.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
That's true. Nor does he chew cud. And he doesn't HIRE his kids, even though he plays them.

Also, although he tried to recruit a convicted felon, at least he hasn't actively sought to undermine criminal prosecutions like Stevey Alford did. They have a fine tradition in IA City it seems.

Matt Campbell says 'hi'.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Who would win if there was a rematch right now? Both teams are trending in different directions with Iowa State winning 2 out of 3 and Iowa fading fast

• Creative
Reactions: breck53

Mick Mars

Mar 19, 2017
They're both embarrassing. A coach's wife, and a P5 AD, getting booted from their kid's event.
I agree- and just to show this isn’t an all out attack on the Hawks- I doubt Shirley Davis, Tonya Alford, Lick’s wife, or Mary Ferentz have ever had this happen...just like the wives of Prohm, Fred, or Mac didn’t. However- Pollard’s deal was a one time instance. The McCaffery’s had a reputation of this behavior before they got to IA and it’s carried over to their 10 years in this state- their behavior is quite well known in eastern IA at the HS level. It’s not a good look and it’s not just competitive spirit- KF and Mary get that, the McCaffery’s no.

• Creative
Reactions: breck53

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I agree- and just to show this isn’t an all out attack on the Hawks- I doubt Shirley Davis, Tonya Alford, Lick’s wife, or Mary Ferentz have ever had this happen...just like the wives of Prohm, Fred, or Mac didn’t. However- Pollard’s deal was a one time instance. The McCaffery’s had a reputation of this behavior before they got to IA and it’s carried over to their 10 years in this state- their behavior is quite well known in eastern IA at the HS level. It’s not a good look and it’s not just competitive spirit- KF and Mary get that, the McCaffery’s no.

Fran's wife has gotten kicked out of more than one of her kid's games?