Who Should we hire After Prohm if he left after this year or next?

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Hoiberg was a much better coach than Prohm has been. Clearly you don't understand basketball to not blatantly see that with the eye test, so please check the stats that have been posted to several different forums comparing Prohm's and Hoiberg's ISU resume.
One thing I've always wondered about Fred...why does he need two ex-head coaches on his staff if he is so good? :eek: Flame away.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
And you've provided 0 evidence to back that statement

Whew. This is exhausting.

OK...here we go.

In my opinion, Fred Hoiberg coming back to coach at Iowa State is not realistic.

I'll add that waiting for that day is borderline psychotic, and unhealthy wishing at the least. In my opinion.

I will state a fact: I didn't mention anything about Steve Prohm vs. Hoiberg in this discussion, but got quoted like I did. That, in my opinion, comes across as having an odd, obsessive, agenda.

clone1990

Apr 14, 2008
One thing I've always wondered about Fred...why does he need two ex-head coaches on his staff if he is so good? :eek: Flame away.
In my opinion, a good leader knows when they need help and are comfortable augmenting themselves with those that will make them better.

• Agree
Reactions: isubb79

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
If you are building a team do you just want to fill it with people with no experience and no idea how things are done? Your question is pretty stupid.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Jon Scheyer.

Won 2010 Nat’l title playing at Duke. Won 2015 Nat’l title coaching at Duke. Coach K disciple, obviously. Currently the Associate Head Coach at Duke. Only 32 years old. From Illinois. Really good recruiter. Really smart, uses analytics. Steal him away and get him a great contract before Coach K retires and they promote him. He’s going to be a star in the college coaching ranks whenever he finally gets a head coaching gig.

Article backing me up:
https://balldurham.com/2019/08/28/duke-basketball-program-lose-jon-scheyer/

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Jon Scheyer.

Won 2010 Nat’l title playing at Duke. Won 2015 Nat’l title coaching at Duke. Coach K disciple, obviously. Currently the Associate Head Coach at Duke. Only 32 years old. From Illinois. Really good recruiter. Really smart, uses analytics. Steal him away and get him a great contract before Coach K retires and they promote him. He’s going to be a star in the college coaching ranks whenever he finally gets a head coaching gig.

Article backing me up:
https://balldurham.com/2019/08/28/duke-basketball-program-lose-jon-scheyer/

Scheyer will be good but Capel is the next head coach at Duke.

• Informative
Reactions: cyfan21

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Dear lord, do I have to explain wins and losses to you?

Fred's record: 115-63 (.673) Conf: 49-39 (.557)
Prohm's record: 91-63 (.600) Conf: 36-41 (.473)

That is including the Fred's 1st season in which he inherited maybe the worst roster in the Big 12. This also includes Prohm's first 2 seasons in which he inherited one of the best rosters in the Big 12 via Fred Hoiberg. I can assure you if those seasons were omitted it would be even far more in Fred's favor.
Please show me on a timeline when Pollard chose Prohm over Hoiberg to be the coach at Iowa St.
You're creating a pointless argument.

Reactions: CyDude16

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Flame away, I will. Why would you not want the experience of a former head coach on your bench? How can that not be a good thing? If anything it's a testament to Fred that former head coaches are willing to come on his staff and be an assistant.

• Agree
Reactions: TheHelgo