To early to look at next years roster ??

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Lewis is about to pass Jacobson in scoring and I bet nobody would have predicted that before the season started.

Just some random stats about Terrence Lewis.

He has 8 DNP’s and 7 games where he played less than 10 minutes. (Baylor: 2 & 7 minutes. KU: 5 minutes, Alabama: 1 minute, Southern Miss: 5 minutes, NIU: 3 mins, Miss Valley State: 6 minutes)

In the 9 games where Lewis has played 10+ minutes, he’s averaging 10.3 points per game. (Iowa, PFW, Florida A&M, Oklahomax2, West Virginia, Auburn, Kansas State, Texas Tech.)

10.3 points per game at this level, is very very solid. He could probably be a 13/15PPG scorer if he could ever figure out how to defend because he’d get more minutes. In those 9 games where he got at least 10+ minutes, his exact numbers come out to 10.3 points in just 19.4 minutes per game.
This is a huge what if. He's such a bad defender overall and it's honestly astonishing how bad he is at it. He has no clue what he's doing on the defensive end. And I realize other guys have lapses too and overall we're not good on defense, but almost every single defensive possession Terrence does something wrong.

• Winner
Reactions: Thomasrickj

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
This is a huge what if. He's such a bad defender overall and it's honestly astonishing how bad he is at it. He has no clue what he's doing on the defensive end. And I realize other guys have lapses too and overall we're not good on defense, but almost every single defensive possession Terrence does something wrong.
It is definitely a big if but you could say that about everyone on the team right now. The entire roster has question marks but none of them have shown something as positive as Lewis has offensively. Bottom line is our overall team defense is just awful. Lewis was playing a lot last night and for the most part, we were keeping the score within 1-9 points. He went out once mid second half when we were down 9/10 and we gave up 8 quick easy points and got down by like 17.

Last edited:

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It is definitely a big if but you could say that about everyone on the team right now. The entire roster has question marks but none of them have shown something as positive as Lewis has offensively. Bottom line is our overall team defense is just awful. Lewis was playing a lot last night and for the most part, we were keeping the score within 1-9 points. He went out once mid second half when we were down 9/10 and we gave up 8 quick easy points and got down by like 17.
I don't think taking Lewis out was the reason we ended up going down by that much so quickly. It was bound to happen sometime. It might've happened even with Halliburton on the floor. And while I realize we're not good overall, Terrence is probably the worst defender on the court. Sure he played well last night offensively and does some nice things, but the reason he hasn't seen time over the course of his career has been primarily due to his defensive inabilities, which outweigh his offensive abilities.

I'd almost assume last night Terrence gave up more points defensively in the half court than he made up for offensively.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I don't think taking Lewis out was the reason we ended up going down by that much so quickly. It was bound to happen sometime. It might've happened even with Halliburton on the floor. And while I realize we're not good overall, Terrence is probably the worst defender on the court. Sure he played well last night offensively and does some nice things, but the reason he hasn't seen time over the course of his career has been primarily due to his defensive inabilities, which outweigh his offensive abilities.

I'd almost assume last night Terrence gave up more points defensively in the half court than he made up for offensively.
I’m not saying him going out was the reason why OU pulled away. I’m just saying that even if he’s not on the court, ISU just can’t get stops.

I know some people don’t care for the +/- stat but here’s yesterday’s:

Bolton: -30
Nixon: -29
Jackson: -19
Young: -16
Jacobson: -15
Grill: -15
Conditt: -13
Griffin: -6
Lewis: -2

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I’m not saying him going out was the reason why OU pulled away. I’m just saying that even if he’s not on the court, ISU just can’t get stops.

I know some people don’t care for the +/- stat but here’s yesterday’s:

Bolton: -30
Nixon: -29
Jackson: -19
Young: -16
Jacobson: -15
Grill: -15
Conditt: -13
Griffin: -6
Lewis: -2
He was the best suckiest player last night that's for sure lol. Holy cow that hurts to look at.

• Funny
Reactions: Thompsonclone