Who Should we hire After Prohm if he left after this year or next?

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
Yeah I'm sure Pollard will do the most UN-Pollard thing ever, not only do the right thing and fire Prohm, but also hire a coach with p5 experience that has been successful. Such an UN-Pollard thing to do.

At least we wouldn't have to worry about this coach leaving for Ohio State

• Winner
Reactions: kilroy

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Instead of a smart ass response maybe you could come up with a logical statement to comment. But you're probably one of those ding-dongs who thought CSP was a superior coach to CFH and has been hiding in a hole the last 2 months when you realized how dumb that idea was.

Lol I don’t want Hoiberg back nor do I think Otz would be the guy. I like Prohm, but he certainly has his faults, as does Hoiberg. I haven’t been hiding at all. I’ll give Prohm next year to right the ship.

Funny how jaded some Hoiberg fan boys can be.

• Disagree
Reactions: CloneFan4

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I know he used the word “if” but I just think that hypothetical is just too far out there.

Ok then you responded to the wrong poster if you thought somebody was being optimistic.

Cyclones125

May 3, 2016
TL,DR but caught the end here. I'm not hurt that Fred left. It's a business.

He was a pretty good coach that interjected some life into ISU basketball for a few years.
Lol I don’t want Hoiberg back nor do I think Otz would be the guy. I like Prohm, but he certainly has his faults, as does Hoiberg. I haven’t been hiding at all. I’ll give Prohm next year to right the ship.

Funny how jaded some Hoiberg fan boys can be.

Hoiberg was a much better coach than Prohm has been. Clearly you don't understand basketball to not blatantly see that with the eye test, so please check the stats that have been posted to several different forums comparing Prohm's and Hoiberg's ISU resume.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Hoiberg was a much better coach than Prohm has been. Clearly you don't understand basketball to not blatantly see that with the eye test, so please check the stats that have been posted to several different forums comparing Prohm's and Hoiberg's ISU resume.
Fred was probably the second best coach in the Big 12 when he left. He was brilliant and brought back life into this basketball program. I thank him for that and wish him the best in his career, even if it's at Nebraska. With all of that being said, Fred left this program at a terrible time. There were opportunities in the two years after where this program could've reached heights we have never seen before. Because of that, it left a bad taste in our mouthes and forever will cause Iowa State fans like myself to play the "what if" game.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Are you reading the same things that you're quoting?

Reactions: CyDude16

Cyclones125

May 3, 2016

Dear lord, do I have to explain wins and losses to you?

Fred's record: 115-63 (.673) Conf: 49-39 (.557)
Prohm's record: 91-63 (.600) Conf: 36-41 (.473)

That is including the Fred's 1st season in which he inherited maybe the worst roster in the Big 12. This also includes Prohm's first 2 seasons in which he inherited one of the best rosters in the Big 12 via Fred Hoiberg. I can assure you if those seasons were omitted it would be even far more in Fred's favor.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

Where did I argue he’s not? Clearly record wise yes, but it’s not a huge margin like some of you want to believe.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

That is including the Fred's 1st season in which he inherited maybe the worst roster in the Big 12. This also includes Prohm's first 2 seasons in which he inherited one of the best rosters in the Big 12 via Fred Hoiberg. I can assure you if those seasons were omitted it would be even far more in Fred's favor.

You didn’t answer his question though.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

So....no.

Reactions: CyDude16

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

It shouldn't be controversial to note that Fred is a vastly superior coach to Prohm.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron