*** Official IOWA STATE Vs Oklahoma Game(Day) Thread ***

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
He's a senior and he still sucks, and has had several really bad plays tonight. Play Jackson or Bolton. They can at least get better.

I'm good with rolling with Bolton, though the offense struggled with him as the primary ball handler. As it stands now Jackson is no more a point guard than Conditt.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
That doesn't make what's happening at ISU acceptable.

If ISU still totally sucked at football, people would still want better.
I agree. Some just get overly dramatic, like what's happening right now, has been going on for 2+ seasons. As of the beginning of December, after the Seton Hall win, many on here were thinking Ncaa tournament. Obviously, the team has fallen hard, but let's not act like we're in some 4 year drought.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
How do people rate this optimistic? Lol. 2017-18 team sucks horribly, but they still could beat a top 25 team. They also had 4 wins in a harder Big 12. This years team will have less in a bad conference. This year is historically bad.

I’ll answer that: This years team sucks and so does Prohm, but comparing them to 17/18 via KenPom and other analytical sites clearly shows this team as better.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Didn't watch but just checked the box-score. How with TH out is it that our next primary scorer Bolton takes only 6 shots and Nixon is the guy that takes the most shots? Wow!
If Nixon, who is shooting 33% from the field and 23% from three, is the one taking the most shots, then we may not win another game the rest of the year.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
For those saying that we will finish better record wise or Kenpom wise compared to 17-18 you are crazy. We dropped 12 spots tonight and our currently 82 in Kenpom. If we finish 5-13 or worse we will be 110 range or so. We finished #103 in Kenpom in 17-18.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Another fun fact for those that used to debate that Prohm was superior to the previous regime. (Cat and the gang)

In five years and Prohm still has at least 8 games:

Wins:
Hoiberg 115
Prohm 93

Conference Record:
Hoiberg 49-39
Prohm 38-45

Losses by 13 or more:
Prohm 23
Hoiberg 12

Losses by 20 or more:
Prohm 6
Hoiberg 5 (3 in year 1)

I understand why people don’t like CFH because he left Iowa State. Everyone is entitled to that opinion but I can’t imagine us being consistently as non-competitive as we have been in two or the last three with him at the helm. Hell Nebraska took Maryland to the buzzer last night with a roster just as bad as we have.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Another fun fact for those that used to debate that Prohm was superior to the previous regime. (Cat and the gang)

In five years and Prohm still has at least 8 games:

Wins:
Hoiberg 115
Prohm 93

Conference Record:
Hoiberg 49-39
Prohm 38-45

Losses by 13 or more:
Prohm 23
Hoiberg 12

Losses by 20 or more:
Prohm 6
Hoiberg 5 (3 in year 1)

I understand why people don’t like CFH because he left Iowa State. Everyone is entitled to that opinion but I can’t imagine us being consistently as non-competitive as we have been in two or the last three with him at the helm. Hell Nebraska took Maryland to the buzzer last night with a roster just as bad as we have.
Take out the first two years where Prohm was using CFH players and you see how terrible he is. We will have a losing record again next year which means with his own recruits CSP will have a losing record in 3 out of the 4 years. GTFO!!!!!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron