*** Official IOWA STATE Vs Oklahoma Game(Day) Thread ***

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Didn't watch but just checked the box-score. How with TH out is it that our next primary scorer Bolton takes only 6 shots and Nixon is the guy that takes the most shots? Wow!

Reactions: CyBobby and Go2Guy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It was not, but I think there is something about him, the way he left etc.. Can't put my finger on it, he gets his points for sure, but....

....but...he dribbles around aimlessly for many seconds and puts up wild shots?

FWIW that was a thing with multiple players last season too. They were good players, but they were better when the ball was moving.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
espn-nba-new-orleans-pelicans-josh-hart-S3bmU83FtXEnhbBz9S
LOL. I guess he's been wearing contacts every game.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
How surreal would it be to stand on the sideline and watch something you created be so fundamentally awful, knowing that everybody knows is unacceptable and far below an acceptable standard, and knowing that you get paid a king’s ransom? I hope Prohm feels pangs or guilt daily. This is straight up f***ing theft. Not just of money, but of momentum and a fan base continually supporting in good faith. He should be embarrassed.
More so than McDermott, Morgan, whoever was before Orr, Shaka Smart at Texas, Weber at KSt, Fran at Iowa, etc?

Iowa St isn't exactly a storied program.

• Informative
  • Dislike
Reactions: CyBobby and JBone84

Cyman88

Dec 7, 2017
yeah, something has to be done defensively with the coaching staff, this just can’t go on like this
One thing prohm has done, is fail to get consistent defensive effort out of his guys, just can’t play competitive basketball like this, he has to know this right?
Yes, something has to be done with this coaching staff - starting at the top! If you can't coach effort you can't coach - or you recruited the wrong players. Tired of reading we are "soft". Maybe we reflect our leader...

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
More so than McDermott, Morgan, whoever was before Orr, Shaka Smart at Texas, Weber at KSt, Fran at Iowa, etc?

Iowa St isn't exactly a storied program.

That doesn't make what's happening at ISU acceptable.

If ISU still totally sucked at football, people would still want better.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
4th worst margin of loss to an unranked team since the beginning of the Wayne Morgan era.

Only worse games were

SsS4pS2.png

My Frosh year, 1975, we only won 3-games and they were all against B8 teams - yes, we actually lost all non-conf games. We opened the season with a 12-game losing streak, but it Hercle Ivy was fun to watch

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

Cyman88

Dec 7, 2017
yeah, something has to be done defensively with the coaching staff, this just can’t go on like this
One thing prohm has done, is fail to get consistent defensive effort out of his guys, just can’t play competitive basketball like this, he has to know this right?
Yes, something has to be done with this coaching staff - starting at the top! If you can't coach effort you can't coach - or you recruited the wrong players. Tired of reading we are "soft". Maybe we reflect our leader...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron