Who Should we hire After Prohm if he left after this year or next?

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Georges Niang would make more money as our next coach than he will in the NBA next year
Not sure when his current contract is up, but there is a good chance he'll be making more money on his 2nd contract than what Prohm is currently making.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
After the debacle that is Prentiss Miss'em, I want nothing to do with Colorado State. (But nice game against KSU Prentiss...)

Prentiss never played for Medved. However Medved did sign a Top 100 player out of Minnesota David Roddy.

isu83

May 5, 2010
This is an invalid post until we actually have an opening - but there will be no shortage of applicants.
And if you saw him on TV over the weekend - why would anyone want to hire OLD BLUE NOSE?
He could prolly throw a plastic chair.

KCy

Jul 20, 2008
Kansas City
I don't expect any of this to be popular but whatever....

Not fred. The transfer game has changed and while I credit him for it, he is no longer the king of it. He was a good gm at isu but still not a great coach.

I love the idea of prohm hiring eustachy. Toughness and defense combined with nice guy and recruiting could be great.

I like Kelvin Sampson but he is filthy and it won't happen with jp.

I think the hire would be otz. But I think there is some opportunity for some great coaches and connections that might make sense more. I would love the otz hire but let's not think we are without connections that we have to just otz. Isu bball is a great job.

Also....with football money being good we could offer a decent number to Greg Marshall. He would love to compete with kansas and win. He hasn't left wichita yet so he has loyalty. He is midwest. He is tough which I personally want.

Isu bball doesn't need to be an economic steal in 2020. I trust jp and I don't think prohm is going anywhere. Would be really interesting if he was let go, sad but understandable. Lot of NBA players without a whole lot to show for it.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Kilmer. Need some toughness in that locker room.

tenor.gif

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Of the names listed thus far, I think Matta would be the only upgrade. He turned down Georgia saying he'll coach again but the situation and timing wasn't right. If we're sub .500 again next year, it would be interesting to see if JP inquires if Thad is ready to jump back in.

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
This is f’n old. You want a new coach so bad, put up SUBSTANTIAL money, or zip it. He will succeed or fail on his own merit. And he is not a OVERALL failure to date. See how the team moves into next year. Graduations, advancement (Pro) or transfers.
God forbid Campbell has a few down years, fan will bulldoze the stadium or at least the Portajohns.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
This is f’n old. You want a new coach so bad, put up SUBSTANTIAL money, or zip it. He will succeed or fail on his own merit. And he is not a OVERALL failure to date. See how the team moves into next year. Graduations, advancement (Pro) or transfers.
God forbid Campbell has a few down years, fan will bulldoze the stadium or at least the Portajohns.

do you have a ****** up caps lock?

ManBearClone

Apr 29, 2010

We wouldn't have Campbell if we followed this line of thinking.

Football is a completely different beast.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron