Haliburton to Miss Remainder of Season

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I've broken my wrist 3 times and have had X-rays. But ya it's almost impossible to distinguish a sprain from a break without imaging
Was just thinking the X-ray, generally cheap and easy to get, maybe didn’t show it I read mri in the release. I’ve lost count of how many xrays and mris I’ve had.
i will say not all wrist fractures are the same. My wife was begging for pain meds after hers, it was bad.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I'm worried we'll be bad now

I think smaller town multi sport studs take a bit more time to adjust to the grind of year around basketball. He was impressive early on. I hope we see him on the floor more.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Yes, because you know me personally? Of all the stupid **** to say...

To me, it's up to the team doctors to decide if someone is in a condition to play. With Joens, as I understand it, she wont miss any additional time. It was an injury they could fix and she could play immediately. Haliburton had an injury that will preclude him from playing for the rest of the year. Big difference.

That's great Hali wanted to go back in and wanted to help his team. It's indicative of the kind of teammate and competitor he is. But with something as straightforward as a broken wrist, he should have been held out. But, of course, hindsight is 20/20.

I don't need to know you personally. Your posts on here are enough to prove you easily wilt when adversity hits.

People play through injuries all the time and everyone has different pain tolerances. I've see people take a needle at halftime so they could keep playing even though the training staff advised against it. Quit trying to pin this on someone, it was a accident and no one is to blame.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
That's the best thing for Tyrese FOR SURE.

But it is not the best thing for the program.

The best thing for the program wasn’t to surround him with abysmal shooting. Including but certainly not limited to a grad transfer who was a high volume low efficiency for three years in the Mountain West.
Tyrese doesn’t own us anything. He tried to leave his uniform in a better place. Go get paid young man.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I don't need to know you personally. Your posts on here are enough to prove you easily wilt when adversity hits.

People play through injuries all the time and everyone has different pain tolerances. I've see people take a needle at halftime so they could keep playing even though the training staff advised against it. Quit trying to pin this on someone, it was a accident and no one is to blame.

Absolutely comical. Personal attacks based on my theory that it's questionable they let a kid play on a broken wrist. And by the way, a broken wrist isn't "adversity". It's an injury that requires surgery and precludes you from being able to play basketball. I don't have any clue what "adversity" has to do with it.

It's a pretty simple disagreement. I don't think they should have put him out there with his wrist already having issues and knowing he'd, at a minimum, re-aggrivated it. But as I've stated several times already, I have the benefit of knowing what we know now. I know you can't immediately diagnose it as broken without imaging.

Last edited:

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Damn, what a tough season. But he just needs to focus on getting better and then start prepping for the combine and the draft.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Gonna suck not seeing Tyrese play anymore but does it actually matter? I mean it's not like we are in position for post season.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
How does this hurt the program? Do explain how missing out on 1-2 wins the rest of the year hurts our program.
I think he's talking about Tyrese leaving, not him being done for the year. Although him leaving hurts us for next year, Prohm will have the talking point of recruiting and coaching a lottery pick and that could be quite helpful for future recruiting.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I swear to all of you ISU fans....some day we will toast are glasses to only marginally getting screwed for a calendar year vs. getting royally screwed.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I think he's talking about Tyrese leaving, not him being done for the year. Although him leaving hurts us for next year, Prohm will have the talking point of recruiting and coaching a lottery pick and that could be quite helpful for future recruiting.
I don't see how that hurts us. Prohm and his staff should have been planning for weeks he would be gone next year. It's his and his staffs job to go out and find replacements in place to fill in for guys that leave. I don't think Jarrett Culver leaving Tech or Chuma Okeke leaving hurt their programs. Point being good coaches adjust to roster turnover.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Gonna suck not seeing Tyrese play anymore but does it actually matter? I mean it's not like we are in position for post season.

Honestly, I was holding out a glimmer of hope we could get hot in KC and maybe make the tournament. Extremely unlikely, but with our history of success there, who knows. But without Hali that's all but out the window.

• Agree
Reactions: huntt26

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
How does this hurt the program? Do explain how missing out on 1-2 wins the rest of the year hurts our program.

true. The best thing for the program would be to have him next year.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I don't see how that hurts us. Prohm and his staff should have been planning for weeks he would be gone next year. It's his and his staffs job to go out and find replacements in place to fill in for guys that leave. I don't think Jarrett Culver leaving Tech or Chuma Okeke leaving hurt their programs. Point being good coaches adjust to roster turnover.

Culver leaving probably left them as a mere top 25 team instead of a contender. We can pretend that's a hurt.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Culver leaving probably left them as a mere top 25 team instead of a contender. We can pretend that's a hurt.

wasn't culver a senior?

I think part of the problem is they didn’t recruit Tyrese to be a two and gone.