Haliburton to Miss Remainder of Season

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Jackson has been staring for a while now. Do you watch any games?
Yes I watch the games lol. But with Tyrese out now we'll be starting three guards that are under 6'3". That's a tiny lineup. I'm not sure what Prohm is going to do, but I think Jackson needs to start regardless if Nixon "can" play PG.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Wasn't the word that THT wanted to stay but his family and coaches talked him into leaving?

I don't think these kinds of things are as cut and dry as they seem to us people that aren't really good at basketball.

I don't know. But I really do think that Tyrese is someone who would want to stay. I've said all year that it is a bummer for us that he wasn't projected late first/second round because then I think we would come back. But Tyrese isn't stupid, so he has to leave if he's a lottery pick.

But my point was more just that I think it's OK for fans to be bummed out about him leaving. There's so much "you're a ****** person if you aren't completely happy about the whole deal" and I think if you asked Tyrese he might also be a little bit bummed that he just played his last game as a Cyclone.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Yes I watch the games lol. But with Tyrese out now we'll be starting three guards that are under 6'3". That's a tiny lineup. I'm not sure what Prohm is going to do, but I think Jackson needs to start regardless if Nixon "can" play PG.

Well, of course. Prentice starts for Tyrese. Jackson stays in. Terrance Lewis gets lots of minutes even though no fewer than 30 posters on here will ***** about the number of minutes he does get.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Well, of course. Prentice starts for Tyrese. Jackson stays in. Terrance Lewis gets lots of minutes even though no fewer than 30 posters on here will ***** about the number of minutes he does get.
And that's why I put that as the most likely lineup.. The one that I'd like to see is one that I believe could help out for next year more than this year.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Wasn't the word that THT wanted to stay but his family and coaches talked him into leaving?

I don't think these kinds of things are as cut and dry as they seem to us people that aren't really good at basketball.

I'm sure there are examples out there, but I can't remember the last projected Top 10 pick who stayed in school. I'm sure there's a few examples but none are coming to mind.

I think the whole thing is pretty cut and dried. The NBA drafts, in large part, based on potential. Potential is a diminishing asset and you need to go get paid while you can.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
And that's why I put that as the most likely lineup.. The one that I'd like to see is one that I believe could help out for next year more than this year.

Let’s go back to the last time Lewis started and played 40 minutes.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Let’s go back to the last time Lewis started and played 40 minutes.
I'm not saying lets play Terrence 40 minutes.. I'm saying I think giving the circumstances he should start at the 3. Bring Nixon in off the bench for him and move Bolton off the one. Bring Griffin in for Solo or Conditt. The second subs should be Grill coming in for Jackson and then Mike coming in for Griffin or whoever stayed between Solo and Conditt.

• Creative
Reactions: jsb

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I just don't know how the answer wasn't "let's get it x-rayed and evaluate where you are after that." The kid has millions on the line.

Are you mad that Ashley Joens went back in the game after separating her shoulder too?

Give it up, some people are wired to do whatever they can to help their teams. And then there are people like you who give up at the slightest hint of adversity.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Grill is so far off from being a contributor, I wouldn't max his minutes.

Max the minutes he can handle. Time to sink or swim.

He and Lewis are going to see the most competition for PT from the incoming class. Best we/he find out now if he can elevate to a productive level.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
tenor.gif

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Are you mad that Ashley Joens went back in the game after separating her shoulder too?

Give it up, some people are wired to do whatever they can to help their teams. And then there are people like you who give up at the slightest hint of adversity

Yes, because you know me personally? Of all the stupid **** to say...

To me, it's up to the team doctors to decide if someone is in a condition to play. With Joens, as I understand it, she wont miss any additional time. It was an injury they could fix and she could play immediately. Haliburton had an injury that will preclude him from playing for the rest of the year. Big difference.

That's great Hali wanted to go back in and wanted to help his team. It's indicative of the kind of teammate and competitor he is. But with something as straightforward as a broken wrist, he should have been held out. But, of course, hindsight is 20/20.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Yes, because you know me personally? Of all the stupid **** to say...

To me, it's up to the team doctors to decide if someone is in a condition to play. With Joens, as I understand it, she wont miss any additional time. It was an injury they could fix and she could play immediately. Haliburton had an injury that will preclude him from playing for the rest of the year. Big difference.

That's great Hali wanted to go back in and wanted to help his team. It's indicative of the kind of teammate and competitor he is. But with something as straightforward as a broken wrist, he should have been held out. But, of course, hindsight is 20/20.
Broken wrists aren't that easy to diagnose without an x-ray.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Broken wrists aren't that easy to diagnose without an x-ray.

Which I understand. I guess my question is why you wouldn't hold him out until you can get an x-ray. Especially since he was already dealing with issues in this wrist.

Purely an academic question at this point since he didn't sustain any more damage to it, but just something I don't understand. But as I mentioned before, hindsight is 20/20.

• Useful
Reactions: cloneatlaw