Haliburton to Miss Remainder of Season

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
If only I could sell all of that Tyrese imaginary stock I bought after seeing him play in the first few games. That would make this day suck a little less. I don't really like the NBA either but maybe I'll watch him play a couple times.

I swear you could hear a pop on that video live but I'm not going to re-watch.
I think we heard him hitting the floor.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Sucks but I want him to heal up before the NBA draft. I want him to go high and continue to be an ambassador for ISU in the pro ranks.

Here's to hoping the Timberwolves draft him. (I wouldn't have said this until I saw the moves they made at the deadline.)

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I sort of wish he’d just announce he’s leaving because even though I know better I still hold out some hope he’ll come back.
Seeing that he is mocked to go in the 6 six of the draft it would be insane for him to stay.

I say this as someone who would love to have him back. If came up to me and wanted my say if he should go or stay I tell him to go 10 out of 10 times.

Get paid son.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I sort of wish he’d just announce he’s leaving because even though I know better I still hold out some hope he’ll come back.

giphy.gif

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Man, I know this isn't the way it works, but there are so many Cyclones that have left with eligibility remaining that would have been phenomenal to see as 4 year players, or even one more year. And, some of them weren't on very good teams. It leaves me feeling a little cheated as a fan, but there's no disputing leaving to get paid when the time is right.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Seeing that he is mocked to go in the 6 six of the draft it would be insane for him to stay.

I say this as someone who would love to have him back. If came up to me and wanted my say if he should go or stay I tell him to go 10 out of 10 times.

Get paid son.

And I never said he should stay. I never said I'd hate him if he didn't stay.

I said I WISH he would stay. It's OK for fans to want him to stay. I'll be his biggest fan in the NBA, but it sucks for me because I'd love to remember him like I do Melvin and Georges and Monte. Not because they were better than him for staying but because I had 4 years of memories with them.

It's OK for fans to be conflicted. Hell, I'm sure Tyrese is conflicted. I'm sure he wants to leave and knows he should leave. But I bet there's a part of him that wants to stay too.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Best thing now for the program is he gets 100% healthy, drafted highly, and becomes a great NBA player, carrying the Cyclone flag for us at the next level. He has more NBA potential than any other of our guys this century save maybe Royce.

That's the best thing for Tyrese FOR SURE.

But it is not the best thing for the program.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Such a unique talent. Sad I won't get to watch him in an ISU uniform anymore but hope he kills it at the next level!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
And I never said he should stay. I never said I'd hate him if he didn't stay.

I said I WISH he would stay. It's OK for fans to want him to stay. I'll be his biggest fan in the NBA, but it sucks for me because I'd love to remember him like I do Melvin and Georges and Monte. Not because they were better than him for staying but because I had 4 years of memories with them.

It's OK for fans to be conflicted. Hell, I'm sure Tyrese is conflicted. I'm sure he wants to leave and knows he should leave. But I bet there's a part of him that wants to stay too.

Wasn't the word that THT wanted to stay but his family and coaches talked him into leaving?

I don't think these kinds of things are as cut and dry as they seem to us people that aren't really good at basketball.

Help Support Us

Become a patron