The Fran fade

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
I would expect a little falloff because of their lack of bench and tough Big10 schedule, but they will stay in the top-25. I feel like Fran will have Larry meltdown by the end of the year, he is ticking time bomb on that bench.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I agree, KIngcy, while Fran's teams almost always fade in February and March, I don't see it this year. It just dumbfounds me how Garza has transformed himself from such a freshman goofball into one of the best players in college basketball. He obviously has a lot of natural talent and has also likely worked and worked and worked in the gym. (We know it's not coaching). Since being a freshman, he has kind of matured into that big body and gained a sense of balance and control that I never thought he would. Good for him!

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
We all know Fran's teams fade at the end of the season almost every year but it's crazy to think about the team 4 years ago. That team wasn't stacked with talent but it was definitely more talented than the team they have this year

The only "fade" I'm concerned about is how our program has faded vs Iowa's in the last couple years.
Y'allrealize at one point in the game this year we were down by 25pts - to a team composed of worst talent than they had 4-yrs ago; basically a team with no PG, a bunch of white guys who can't play D and to make it worse, Fran has 3 Double-Digit beatdowns against us to give him a winning record all because Prohm is incapable of getting his team elevated to perform at 'Superbowl' execution. For cryin out loud Twins, focus your energy on the fact JorBo will graduate with 3, possibly 4 victories against us. While you keep whistling past the graveyard like nothing is wrong.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
4 years ago at this time Iowa was actually better and Uthoff was a stud and we all saw what happened. Crazy thing is I think this team is more mentally soft than that team

I see where you're going here, a Mac on the sideline AND a Mac on the court.....

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The only "fade" I'm concerned about is how our program has faded vs Iowa's in the last couple years.
Y'allrealize at one point in the game this year we were down by 25pts - to a team composed of worst talent than they had 4-yrs ago; basically a team with no PG, a bunch of white guys who can't play D and to make it worse, Fran has 3 Double-Digit beatdowns against us to give him a winning record all because Prohm is incapable of getting his team elevated to perform at 'Superbowl' execution. For cryin out loud Twins, focus your energy on the fact JorBo will graduate with 3, possibly 4 victories against us. While you keep whistling past the graveyard like nothing is wrong.

The last couple of years? We were literally just better than them last year