Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Facebook-0bb0d8.png

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Just when I thought maybe, just maybe, a teeny tiny part of me, a part of me that I didn’t even know existed, I was potentially briefly consider partially somewhat respecting the hawks b-ball season, I am quickly reminded why I want them to lose every goddamned game by 1000.

I wouldn’t ever actually consider it but that’s not the point.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
The biggest thing is we had 4 guys who are all playing pro graduate at the same time. Replacing all those guys was very hard. Monte and the rest. So we kind of patch worked with Grad transfers and some other guys that didn't pan out. Then we had a couple one and dones. I think once it get's balanced back out we will be back near the top. Your post is a good one to think about though.

I haven't seen this discussed anywhere yet, but it probably has been. When it comes to one and dones, you either need to get 4 or 5 of them every year, or else probably just stay away completely. It has killed us to get one or two of the one and done kids, because we can't count on replacing them with more one and dones year after year. Because we are not a blue blood, we are not likely to get one and done kids consistently every year.

So it seems to me we should get as many kids as we can ranked from 50 to 250, and the (seemingly) under-rated kids like Dubar, and that is how we will have teams that are always competitive. Am I wrong? If not, someone with connections convey this to CSP please. I'm sure he will welcome this new strategy. Thanks.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I haven't seen this discussed anywhere yet, but it probably has been. When it comes to one and dones, you either need to get 4 or 5 of them every year, or else probably just stay away completely. It has killed us to get one or two of the one and done kids, because we can't count on replacing them with more one and dones year after year. Because we are not a blue blood, we are not likely to get one and done kids consistently every year.

So it seems to me we should get as many kids as we can ranked from 50 to 250, and the (seemingly) under-rated kids like Dubar, and that is how we will have teams that are always competitive. Am I wrong? If not, someone with connections convey this to CSP please. I'm sure he will welcome this new strategy. Thanks.
Dumb down your recruiting. Sounds like a classic Cyclone nutcup strategy.

• Funny
Reactions: Macloney

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
And they win. ISU is just a Mid Major program in most sports. You weren’t that great last year either. Just got lucky and got wins that favored you in the lil12 tournament. Kind of like what happened with Alfords teams that won the B10 tourney

.....and now the scab is ripped off.

• Agree
Reactions: Psyclone

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
All this is missing is the OP's name being YayIowaStateBooIowaDefinitelyNotAnIowaFarnHereNopeNoWay69

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You’ve obviously didn’t pay attention to Wisconsin media day.

Wisconsin's players don't look like a bunch of goons.

And last I checked they don't have anyone on their team that looks like they're constantly looking to pick a fight (and actually are) like mini Fran.

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
Wisconsin's players don't look like a bunch of goons.

And last I checked they don't have anyone on their team that looks like they're constantly looking to pick a fight (and actually are) like mini Fran.
No, they just have a guy that likes to nut punch people. (Insert Reggie Evans gif as your retort below).

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

What “one and done” kids have we gotten? Did anyone think that THT was a one and done when we signed him? How do you know who to stay away from and who to go for? Maybe we should have recruits sign a Pledge! Right? Like a 4 year pledge. That’ll keep em in the fold.

GOD ******* DAMMIT.