The Insider Information Weekly Mailbag - Questions Submission

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
What is a hobby you'd love to take up, if time and expense were no issue?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
HaHa, thinking of that. He was an Iowa state fan (due to his son being one) but was recruited at Iowa for wrestling. Went there for a semester or less and left when the opportunity to come home and farm opened up.

Maybe he was excited to farm because of the livestock.

You could have just said that he was a wrestler and everything would have made more sense.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee and NWICY

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Actually How about that gal that's the assistant coach Becky Hammon.

That's actually not a terrible idea. Colorado State (she's an alum) tried for her after Larry finally flamed out, but she turned them down to stay in the NBA.

She might be waiting for an NBA head coach or GM job, though.

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Do the people who live in the cave think they are going to change each other’s minds or do they just like calling each other names and personally insulting people?

• Funny
Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
So, I ordered the half chile lime chicken salad thing from Panera, and they threw avocado all over that damn thing. I pulled those off and it was definitely missing crunch, so I threw some baby Goldfish on there (it was the closest thing I had to a crouton in my desk), not thinking anyone was looking. A coworker apparently just saw, and stopped her call w/a software vendor to come look and call it out to said vendor.

What weird things have you eaten and gotten called out on in a ridiculous manner?

Reactions: GTO

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
So, I ordered the half chile lime chicken salad thing from Panera, and they threw avocado all over that damn thing. I pulled those off and it was definitely missing crunch, so I threw some baby Goldfish on there (it was the closest thing I had to a crouton in my desk), not thinking anyone was looking. A coworker apparently just saw, and stopped her call w/a software vendor to come look and call it out to said vendor.

What weird things have you eaten and gotten called out on in a ridiculous manner?

We grew up with a huge garden and ate a lot of things raw. My mom's main (and seemingly only) spice was salt. We would put a pile of salt on our plate and dip green onions, radishes, potatoes in salt and eat them raw. We'd also slice radishes up, put them on a piece of bread and sprinkle salt on it it and eat is open-faced. It took me years to overcome my sodium dependency. Oh, we'd also put sugar on tomatoes and sugar on raw rhubarb.

I have no idea how I still have taste buds.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
We grew up with a huge garden and ate a lot of things raw. My mom's main (and seemingly only) spice was salt. We would put a pile of salt on our plate and dip green onions, radishes, potatoes in salt and eat them raw. We'd also slice radishes up, put them on a piece of bread and sprinkle salt on it it and eat is open-faced. It took me years to overcome my sodium dependency. Oh, we'd also put sugar on tomatoes and sugar on raw rhubarb.

I have no idea how I still have taste buds.

I salt allllllll the things. It's a flavor enhancer!

• Agree
Reactions: mdk2isu

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron