****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Javan will be a reliable shooter for us.

Yes, Blackwell has the same talent level that lewis and zion have. All are four stars. From what we've seen, Lewis is really starting to click and Zion is getting there.

Foster, he'll be a problem for defenses. He can line up at 4 and still be effective. He can shoot the 3.

Asking for a big time grad transfer in 2020 is like asking the staff "Hey! Go get a five star!" Everyone wants them. Everyone.

If Foster is playing the 4 there will be big problems.

• Disagree
Reactions: Cytown12

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If Foster is playing the 4 there will be big problems.
Unless we'd play some sort of zone defense, I don't see how we'd match up well with teams with Foster at the 4. Solo, Conditt, and Foster should rotate at the 5 unless we play other teams with two bigs.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Javan shot 35% from 3 at Troy. I'll put him at 30% in the big12, call it the nixon discount.

Blackwell might be another zion or lewis, who knows. and rumors aren't the best he makes it to campus.

Foster: will struggle with defense, rebounding, and well, playing against D1 talent with size and strength. You really think Prohm is going to figure out Conditt,Solo and Foster after this year???

We need a big time grad transfer PG and SG imho.

Since he is only a freshman, you could be right on the bolded part, but I think that he looks like he has been hitting the weights pretty hard and with another summer of lifting he could be Big XII ready by next fall. Even a lot of the NBA 7 footers don't look overly strong due to their length.

61a338f9-c461-48db-af77-28ac4057fb30-20200107_OskyVsNorwalkBB_7438.JPG

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
There are players in the 2020 class i'm excited about but counting on more than 1-2 of them to be contributors is too ambitious, IMO

Here's every Prohm recruit since the 2016 class with their ranking and my interpretation of their impact at ISU

View attachment 69896

Only thing missing from this sheet is having Jackson's impact column updated to 'Had large testicles taking down KU at the Phog'

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Since he is only a freshman, you could be right on the bolded part, but I think that he looks like he has been hitting the weights pretty hard and with another summer of lifting he could be Big XII ready by next fall. Even a lot of the NBA 7 footers don't look overly strong due to their length.

61a338f9-c461-48db-af77-28ac4057fb30-20200107_OskyVsNorwalkBB_7438.JPG

That picture made me legitimately laugh out loud.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
maybe XF can practice against our managers so he can ease his transition to Div I hoops.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Unless we'd play some sort of zone defense, I don't see how we'd match up well with teams with Foster at the 4. Solo, Conditt, and Foster should rotate at the 5 unless we play other teams with two bigs.

Is your point that you don't believe Foster can guard a 4 if they step away from the bucket? Or is your point that we have trouble playing two bigs at once now, and this is basically extract Jacobsen and insert Foster? I haven't seen him enough to know how his D is. On Offensive, one of the challenges of Jacobsen at the 4 is that he isn't a consistent threat spreading the floor to the 3 line. That too is yet to be seen with Foster, but I believe he may already have a better face-up game. Jacobsen on the bounce works when he is backing someone down, but on the distant wing always makes me cringe.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Is your point that you don't believe Foster can guard a 4 if they step away from the bucket? Or is your point that we have trouble playing two bigs at once now, and this is basically extract Jacobsen and insert Foster? I haven't seen him enough to know how his D is. On Offensive, one of the challenges of Jacobsen at the 4 is that he isn't a consistent threat spreading the floor to the 3 line. That too is yet to be seen with Foster, but I believe he may already have a better face-up game. Jacobsen on the bounce works when he is backing someone down, but on the distant wing always makes me cringe.

Jacobson*

From what I remember on here, Foster is supposedly much more of a "big guard" than a traditional back-to-the-basket sort of post or big man.

He has an outside game and can guard out to the three-point line.

He pairs with a traditional center way more than trying to force Jacobson as a 4.

Last edited:

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Jacobson*

From what I remember on here, Foster is supposedly much more of a "big guard" than a traditional back-to-the-basket sort of post or big man.

He pairs with a traditional center way more than trying to face Jacobson as a 4.

Thanks for the correction. My bad.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sigmapolis

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Jacobson*

He pairs with a traditional center way more than trying to force Jacobson as a 4.

Foster is athletic, but I have a hard time believing he can guard a 4 on the perimeter. I think he can be a solid defender for us at the rim as a 5 while giving us the first pick and pop threat since Niang.

His size an athleticism will be an asset right away.

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
Glad to see Dubar on there, as his offer list is clearly that of a top 150 player, but I am surprised Rivals differs so much with the other 2 services on Blackwell

From Blackwell’s twitter page

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">That lay is so damn tuff OMGGG (via _spoodie, h/t <a href="https://twitter.com/Videoboostt1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@Videoboostt1</a>) <a href="https://t.co/8ZX2VgmY5o">pic.twitter.com/8ZX2VgmY5o</a></p>&mdash; Overtime (@overtime) <a href="">January 26, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Man, I really like the make up of this class. Dubar showing strides and rising up boards. Love everything about Dudley's game and pray every day his mother gets better. No issues with Terry not really "rising" I think Prohm like's what he brings to the table as an all around point guard and I trust Prohm in ID'ing PG prospects. Very curious to see how we try to build and use Xavier.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
I think Xavier should be in good hands. Just look what we've been able to do with solo, jacobson, and conditt the past 2-3 years. and just think what will happen when we play with two bigs. exciting!!

xavier's b12 preparation against 5'11" iowa kids will have him ready to go on day 1.

(kidding...kidding....kidding..just having a little fun with this before we destroy each other on this site next season)

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
https://slccbruins.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/justice-hill/1682

https://www.jucorecruiting.com/news_article/show/1084729

6'0 PG Justice Hill of Salt Lake CC -
The Rs-Fr is one of the more athletic guards in the country. He has helped Salt Lake to a 21-4 record and #11 ranking. He is averaging 14.2 ppg and 4.4 apg while shooting 37% from 3. He will have 3 years to play after this season. He is hearing from Washington St, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Iowa St, Nevada, Fresno St, Utah St and FIU

https://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2019/aug/01/former-hog-justice-hill-transfers-jc/

Former Arkansas point guard Justice Hill announced Thursday in a post on his Twitter account that he has transferred to Salt Lake Community College in Utah to play basketball.

He entered his name into the NCAA transfer portal on June 20.

Hill (5-10, 182) committed to former Arkansas basketball coach Mike Anderson on Feb. 14, 2016, enrolled in January. He redshirted and practiced with the team during the second semester of the 2018-19 season. He'll have three years to play three in basketball at his next stop while having four years to play three in football.

He averaged 15 points, four rebounds, three assists and two steals as a sophomore and 17.5 points, four rebounds, 3.1 assists and 3.2 steals as a junior at Little Rock Christian.

A two-sport athlete, Hill also had football offers from Auburn, Memphis and Howard when he signed to play basketball in November.

He led Little Rock Christian to the Class 5A state title in football with a 52-38 victory over Pulaski Academy and was named MVP of the game.