Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

KLP630

Sep 6, 2013
Can't stand the Hawks, that being said.........it is easy to like and appreciate how hard Garza plays. If you like basketball players putting forth tremendous effort and old school style, Garza is the poster child. Look past the uniform, he has had one heck of a season so far.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
giphy.gif

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
It’s silly to deny Garza is a very good college player. Barring injury he will make a ton of money for himself in his career overseas.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Man you are wearing out my padding the stats line. Purdy lame if you ask me.

I'm just saying it's not a shoe in Garza is first team All Conference. I mean Purdy led the Big 12 in passing and wasn't even first team All Conference and he is way more clutch than Garza will ever be

• Creative
Reactions: breck53

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
I'm just saying it's not a shoe in Garza is first team All Conference. I mean Purdy led the Big 12 in passing and wasn't even first team All Conference and he is way more clutch than Garza will ever be
Cool story brah.

• Funny
Reactions: iahawks

iState1980

Jan 12, 2014
You can disagree with me. I don't care but you have your head in the sand if you don't think coaches would vote for a winner who's clutch over someone who pads their stats for 30 min then turns into a liability
I agree. Marcus Fizer knew how to close out a game and was NBA talent. Garza gets an F in those two categories.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

KLP630

Sep 6, 2013
Garza changes uniforms and the conversation is vastly different. No reasonable basketball fan can disagree with how impressive he has been so far this season. I have been an ISU ticket holder since the late 70's and I can say that........because I can see his effort and his results. The uniform does not change that.

Last edited: