Is Lewis injured because

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I don't think they are in the dog house, I think they have a short leash. They both know what they are doing wrong but they continue to go out and do it wrong so don't get much time.

and last nights game showed that coaches shouldn’t be focused on what the players are doing wrong. They should focus on what they can do right, and then build and adjust the team accordingly.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
He’s not good though just ask jsb

He played great last night!

I know I come across as negative towards him, but I hadn't seen where he had performed at a level that necessarily warranted further minutes.

If this move to zone makes it so he can play 15 or so minutes a game without hurting us defensively, that's great. And I'd be very wrong.

• Friendly
Reactions: spitfyr36

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
12 points, 5 rebounds. Good hustle. Wish that last 3 would have gone in, but I feel like he's done enough to get more pt

Seemed to me he did get repeatedly burned on defense but at least it was by a maybe headed to the NBA kid. In this instance I think his hustle and points made up for it though.

• Agree
Reactions: clones8232

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Seemed to me he did get repeatedly burned on defense but at least it was by a maybe headed to the NBA kid. In this instance I think his hustle and points made up for it though.

For a dude who “can’t play defense”, Prohm seems to always have him guarding one of the other team’s best players. Against Baylor, for example, Prohm had him guarding Butler.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
For a dude who “can’t play defense”, Prohm seems to always have him guarding one of the other team’s best players. Against Baylor, for example, Prohm had him guarding Butler.

Sometimes matchups dictate putting Lewis on a teams taller wing player, so having Lewis guard a opposing scorer can't be helped. But from what I've seen opposing coaches know Lewis is a weak link on defense and they know that we typically switch screens. So they create situations where we switch Lewis onto a talented scorer.

• Agree
Reactions: CYDJ

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Lewis seems to be giving a lot of effort. Give more of Jacobsons minutes to a Lewis and go smaller. Jacobson has seemed to mailed it in

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Do any journalists etc ask about Lewis

How many minutes should he be playing?

He played 21 today. He was coming off of a bad ankle. He played more minutes than Nixon, Jacobson, and Conditt.

I just don't see that he is being treated that unfairly.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
How many minutes should he be playing?

He played 21 today. He was coming off of a bad ankle. He played more minutes than Nixon, Jacobson, and Conditt.

I just don't see that he is being treated that unfairly.
Jackson was out. Should he have non injury dnp?

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
i still don’t know what you are talking about.
Jackson was injured for today's game or who knows in we play Lewis.

Dnp equals did not play. Remember when Lewis started and played well and then did not play the next game because?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Jackson was injured for today's game or who knows in we play Lewis.

Dnp equals did not play. Remember when Lewis started and played well and then did not play the next game because?

I remember when Lewis started and we lost the worst game in college basketball history.

he wasn’t dressed Wednesday.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I remember when Lewis started and we lost the worst game in college basketball history.

he wasn’t dressed Wednesday.
Talking circles around yourself here, take care.