Dave Andrews - New Football Strength Coach

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
I’d say more on the level of Michigan, Penn State and Georgia. A notch below the top tier

Im not sure how you dont include Georgia in the top tier when it comes to recruiting. Their class rankings the past 5 years:
2020 - 3 - with a higher average player score than both 1 and 2
2019 - 2
2018 - 1
2017 - 3
2016 - 6

If a top 3 class 4 out of 5 years isnt top tier, I dont know what is.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Im not sure how you dont include Georgia in the top tier when it comes to recruiting. Their class rankings the past 5 years:
2020 - 3 - with a higher average player score than both 1 and 2
2019 - 2
2018 - 1
2017 - 3
2016 - 6

If a top 3 class 4 out of 5 years isnt top tier, I dont know what is.

Agree. I don't think people realize how big of a gap there is from that first tier to the second tier either. Yeah, Michigan and ND recruit well. They aren't even close to what Bama, Georgia, OSU and Clemson are, though. Sure, some of them can pop into that top 5 in a given year but consistent top 5 classes just make that spread huge.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I wonder if this simply had something to do with the nature of the job having responsibilities all day from early morning to late night. I would think it would wear on me after a while. Maybe Wade was doing a fine job, but just didn't want to continue making that kind of sacrifice.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I wonder if this simply had something to do with the nature of the job having responsibilities all day from early morning to late night. I would think it would wear on me after a while. Maybe Wade was doing a fine job, but just didn't want to continue making that kind of sacrifice.
We will never hear the full story IMO.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
According to USA Today 2019 College Football Strength Coach Salaries, Andrews would be #10.

I saw some questions on why he'd leave Pitt for ISU, I guess there's at least 470,000 reasons... :jimlad:

I'm guessing he is getting a pretty big bump from what he made at Pitt. For Campbell to add $200k to the salary that Wade was getting tells me that he really wanted him. The other thing that jumps out to me on that list is holy crap, iowa is paying Doyle a lot. He knows where the bodies are buried over there, so it would probably be devastating to them if he left for another job.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
I'm guessing he is getting a pretty big bump from what he made at Pitt. For Campbell to add $200k to the salary that Wade was getting tells me that he really wanted him. The other thing that jumps out to me on that list is holy crap, iowa is paying Doyle a lot. He knows where the bodies are buried over there, so it would probably be devastating to them if he left for another job.

Doyle makes as much as Parker and more than Brian. I believe it's the only staff where the strength coach is paid as much as either coordinator, let alone more than either coordinator.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Doyle makes as much as Parker and more than Brian. I believe it's the only staff where the strength coach is paid as much as either coordinator, let alone more than either coordinator.
Doyle is very highly regarded. Ferentz knows where his bread is buttered.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan