Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Preseason polls are about perception, not reality. AP voters aren’t going to perceive ISU as better than any of these teams. ISU is 20-23ish in the preseason polls. Similar to Iowa. Now if you want to argue they will be higher postseason, maybe. That’s a reasonable argument.

Iowa State is not going to be in the 20s in the preseason poll. Lol

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I don't think anyone predicted losing a first team All Conference DE early in the season, our QB being dinged up, a phantom holding call, 4th hardest schedule in the entire country, etc

Whoa! CMC playing an injured QB is a serious allegation.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Ok. I’ll bite. Which of these 15 teams will ISU be ranked ahead of in the 2020 preseason coaches poll?

Clemson
Alabama
LSU
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Georgia
Penn State
Oregon
Notre Dame
Wisconsin
Auburn
Florida
Michigan
Minnesota (just had a better season than ISU ever has had and returns a bunch)
Texas A&M

Remember this is preseason polls. I know you’re going to trot out PFF but I can point out athlon which has way more history.
They also lose a significant amount.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
He’s basically the 40 year old World of Warcraft player who lives in his parent’s basement only his WOW is CycloneFanatic and his schtick is obsessing about the Hawkeyes. I’m sure Chris and the gang love having him here. His stupidity drives up clicks and content like crazy. Gotta give him credit for that even though it must be a sad life to live.
upload_2020-1-25_0-23-28.jpeg

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Sounds like Ahron Ulis is going to get a bump up into the Rivals Top 150 when their updated rankings get released in the next couple of weeks.

Saw that from Bossi as well. He said that when he watch Ulis play vs Jaden Jones and Jordan Nesbit, that Ulis was the best player on the court. He also mention that it was likely he would be a in their top 150 in the next rankings.

Last edited:
Reactions: dexterhawk