Iowa Football Recruiting

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
If you really want to think the most reputable recruiting website around reported a false offer have at it
I tend to believe the kid himself. Like I said, Iowa shoulda pulled the trigger on him. Probably would have added some nice depth last year.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Offers are very, very important to Twins. If you question what he says, you get all his protectors rushing in to defend him. It is very important to them that Iowa offered Newell and that Michigan didn't offer Goodson. This is serious internet business here!

Holy triggered

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
So we are on the same page. According to you if a coach visits your house that equals a scholarship offer?
If a head coach stops by the house of a player halfway across the country days before signing day for a chat, I'd consider it an informal offer to come play for said coach. Was a letter handed to him? Doubtful. But was he offered to play for Michigan? I'd say so. Let me know what you think they talked about if not, I'm all ears.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If a head coach stops by the house of a player halfway across the country days before signing day for a chat, I'd consider it an informal offer to come play for said coach. Was a letter handed to him? Doubtful. But was he offered to play for Michigan? I'd say so. Let me know what you think they talked about if not, I'm all ears.

You realize he was in Georgia trying to flip his teammate who went to Tennessee right? He didn't go to Georgia just to see Goodson lol. Michigan actually recruits Georgia very well

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Imagine the most reputable recruiting website saying someone says Iowa offered and not believing it but using a picture from the mother of a high schooler to be an actual source. Lol sad

It looks like Halsted disagrees with you.

https://247sports.com/Article/Iowa-State-Lands-Local-Offensive-Lineman-Colin-Newell-74999171/

"The 6-foot-5, 260-pound Newell, who is ranked as the No. 80 overall offensive tackle in 2017 and the No. 16 tackle in the Midwest at this early stage of the recruiting cycle, had since added offers from Colorado State, Eastern Michigan, Miami (OH) and Illinois State.

Newell had drawn additional interest from Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Florida State and North Dakota State before ending his recruitment Saturday."

I don't pay for any premium info outside of 247. Halsted is great

Halsted doesn't put out sketchy info.

I don't care if you don't believe me but Halsted is credible

Halsted is very very good

• Agree
Reactions: Legend Hawk

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
You realize he was in Georgia trying to flip his teammate who went to Tennessee right? He didn't go to Georgia just to see Goodson lol. Michigan actually recruits Georgia very well

So Harbaugh did an in home visit with a kid he wasn't trying to flip, to try to flip a kid who wasn't at the in home visit? Makes perfect sense.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

https://247sports.com/Article/Iowa-State-Lands-Local-Offensive-Lineman-Colin-Newell-74999171/

"The 6-foot-5, 260-pound Newell, who is ranked as the No. 80 overall offensive tackle in 2017 and the No. 16 tackle in the Midwest at this early stage of the recruiting cycle, had since added offers from Colorado State, Eastern Michigan, Miami (OH) and Illinois State.

Newell had drawn additional interest from Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Florida State and North Dakota State before ending his recruitment Saturday."

Not sure why Twins insists on some of these trolls, it is pretty silly and frankly what does it matter if Iowa offered or not? I mean the kid actually looks like he could be good, doesn't make him better/worse if he actually had an Iowa offer.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Whoa Halsted was actually wrong once. That's crazy!

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So Harbaugh did an in home visit with a kid he wasn't trying to flip, to try to flip a kid who wasn't at the in home visit? Makes perfect sense.

My guess is he offered him as a preferred walk on but I have no idea. The kid could have been at Goodson's house for all I know

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Not sure why Twins insists on some of these trolls, it is pretty silly and frankly what does it matter if Iowa offered or not? I mean the kid actually looks like he could be good, doesn't make him better/worse if he actually had an Iowa offer.

When you look at on field results for Iowa and ISU the last several years and the fact Campbell has yet to put together a better class than Ferentz, what else does he have left?

• Creative

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
My guess is he offered him as a preferred walk on but I have no idea. The kid could have been at Goodson's house for all I know

You had been saying for a long time that Goodson did get an offer from Harbaugh, now you don't know if he did?

• Funny

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
When you look at on field results for Iowa and ISU the last several years and the fact Campbell has yet to put together a better class than Ferentz, what else does he have left?

You realize Iowa State will be better next year right? I understand Fat Stanley wasn't good but you don't think the Oregon State kid will be better do you?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You had been saying for a long time that Goodson did get an offer from Harbaugh, now you don't know if he did?

If he had an offer it would have been reported somewhere. I mean literally anywhere. Like I said I'm sure it was a preferred walk on opportunity he turned down

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
If he had an offer 247 it would have been reported somewhere. I mean literally anywhere. Like I said I'm sure it was a preferred walk on opportunity he turned down

So you know for a fact Harbaugh offered Goodson, got it.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
You realize Iowa State will be better next year right? I understand Fat Stanley wasn't good but you don't think the Oregon State kid will be better do you?

This is the same thing ISU fans have said the last 2 offseasons. Its just a vicious cycle for you guys.

The only thing that keeps me in suspense is what excuse ISU fans will use next year when Iowa is again better. The weather, refs and bad luck have all been used, not sure what is left.