Iowa Football Recruiting

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I think you are underestimating the depth of the class just because the 2 highest rated guys appear to be busts. Some really solid P5 players from the state that year.

Looking back, recruiting classes look much different when you rate them on performance. I'm saying there hasn't been a class like the '21 class in terms of D1 schools coming after so many Iowa kids. Like I said the '17 class was like 5-7 deep in kids that got legit recruited by D1 schools. The '21 class is gonna have 10-15 of them.

ameslurker

Jan 21, 2013
Could be. When kids are national recruits, Iowa doesn't win those battles all the time.

OK I re-read your previous post and I thought you said Iowa locked up the top 4, not 4 of the top. So that was my bad, but still, you are right. Iowa doesn't win a lot of the national battles and if Bowie is blowing up and has Stanford, ND, etc coming by now that means there could be a lot of talent leaving the state.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
OK I re-read your previous post and I thought you said Iowa locked up the top 4, not 4 of the top. So that was my bad, but still, you are right. Iowa doesn't win a lot of the national battles and if Bowie is blowing up and has Stanford, ND, etc coming by now that means there could be a lot of talent leaving the state.

Yeah, I think Bowie would be a big get for Iowa, and I have no idea if Iowa ends up getting him.

Last edited:

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Yeah, I think Bowie would be a big get for Iowa, and I have no idea if Iowa ends up getting him.

Iowa is going to get Bowie and Brecht if he decides to play football in college.

We are in a good position with Fidone even though he grew up a Husker fan.

It sounds like Stanford is getting close to offering Bollers. If they do, it would be between them and Wisconsin I think.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
Looks like graduate transfer Coy Cronk is gonna be a Hawkeye. I really thought he would have been a huge addition to us.

• Funny
Reactions: HawkJRP

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
So now reported offers like that aren’t offers, but your mom taking a picture of you and a coach is an offer. Woof.
If you showed me a picture of Kirk in Newels house days before signing day trying to sway him, I'd give you it.

24/7 incorrectly listing Iowa as an offer isn't going to get you there. Sorry. FWIW I think Kirk should have offered.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Iowa is going to get Bowie and Brecht if he decides to play football in college.

We are in a good position with Fidone even though he grew up a Husker fan.

It sounds like Stanford is getting close to offering Bollers. If they do, it would be between them and Wisconsin I think.
You may end up being right, but both a far from being Iowa locks.

• Optimistic
Reactions: HawkJRP