Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Ok, lets say it is debatable. My point still stands, why should Iowa fans all of a sudden think Purdy is elite when ISU fans have been claiming wash outs like Richardson, Lanning, and Park and other are elite as well? Hey there is more data now, and I'd agree that Purdy is dang good. So what if I wanted to see something this year before "Crowning his ass", I think Iowa fans have cause to feel that way.
I wasn't on here during those years with those QB's, however I would've thought it was pretty dumb to think Lanning or Richardson were better than any QB in college football lol. Park was actually really good when his head was right but unfortunately the mental side of things ended up being his demise.

I think Purdy being recognized as very talented by national media members and the fact that he was top 5 in offensive categories this year warrants the idea that he could be elite. You can be elite and not win games.. it happens all the time in college football and college basketball. Halliburton this year might be a lottery pick but he's on a terrible team. Markelle Fultz, Ben Simmons, etc. For Iowa State football.. Troy Davis and Seneca Wallace. The fun thing is that Purdy is a sophomore, he's putting these numbers up, and he's making some mistakes that are very fixable. I think he's hugging that line of whether he's elite or not.

Reactions: CyTwins

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I wasn't on here during those years with those QB's, however I would've thought it was pretty dumb to think Lanning or Richardson were better than any QB in college football lol. Park was actually really good when his head was right but unfortunately the mental side of things ended up being his demise.

I think Purdy being recognized as very talented by national media members and the fact that he was top 5 in offensive categories this year warrants the idea that he could be elite. You can be elite and not win games.. it happens all the time in college football and college basketball. Halliburton this year might be a lottery pick but he's on a terrible team. Markelle Fultz, Ben Simmons, etc. For Iowa State football.. Troy Davis and Seneca Wallace. The fun thing is that Purdy is a sophomore, he's putting these numbers up, and he's making some mistakes that are very fixable. I think he's hugging that line of whether he's elite or not.

Sure, and just like I said I wanted to see Purdy back up his Fr. year this year. He certainly did just that. As I said I wasn't as impressed early in the year, but then he really turned it on more later. Unfortunately a QB is always going to take undue heat for losses and an inordinate amount of credit for wins. Stanley and Iowa's system is never going to put up eye popping number, that doesn't mean he isn't good as well.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
That Park wasn't elite. Can't be elite when you are a knucklehead who likes weed too much.
Can you link where I said he wasn't elite?
Ricky Williams was elite and smoked more weed than Tommy Chong could dream of.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
I was being generous to Luka and tried to shift some of the focus to the home cooking instead of him disappearing. He only had 2 points the final 4:35 of the game. Yikes
Iowa was to busy making 3's to pass it inside. 56% from distance in the game. McCaffrey needs to back off on the rebounding to help Garza's All American bid. McCaffrey stole 13 rebs in the game.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I still think Park had elite talent. His mental health issues ruined his career not his physical abilities

There was a reason nobody wanted him when he washed out of Georgia. Everyone else already knew he wasn't an elite player, it takes more than talent to be elite.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Can you link where I said he wasn't elite?
Ricky Williams was elite and smoked more weed than Tommy Chong could dream of.

Oh god, I hope you don't think Park was elite. It takes more than talent to be elite. Sure Park has some talent, but he was so far for elite, it's laughable that you even wanna go down this road. Even @Statefan10 made fun of anyone who mistakes Park with Purdy.

• Dumb
Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Oh god, I hope you don't think Park was elite. It takes more than talent to be elite. Sure Park has some talent, but he was so far for elite, it's laughable that you even wanna go down this road. Even @Statefan10 made fun of anyone who mistakes Park with Purdy.
I never said he was elite, you are inferring once again.
For boner helicopter recruiting stories, I figured you'd give more credit to a GA offer.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
And Purdy was elite his freshman year but you needed one more year to determine if he was any good

I figured he was good, but CMC had a track history of having Knucklehead QB's who like the weed too much. Figured I'd hedge my bet a little. Maybe a lesson you could have learned pumping up Park so much?