Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Lets look how his season started this year. ISU almost lost to UNI and he looked like the 2nd best QB on the field. He did lose to Stanley. He looked good against a horrible ULM team, but then had 2 costly TO against Baylor in a loss to them. I'd say objectively about the half way point of this season you could see he was finally hitting his stride.

Gotcha so shattering an NCAA record his freshman year didn't carry any weight. Lol

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Gotcha so shattering an NCAA record last year didn't carry any weight. Lol

As I said, Iowa fans are hesitant, as they have heard that ISU had the second coming before. All the QB's I listed were hyped beyond belief by ISU fans and probably you. I'm sure you said Richardson and Park and Lanning > CJ. So you gotta understand Hawk fans got to see a bit more than ISU fans before they "Crown an ISU QB's ass".

• Dumb
  • Funny
Reactions: JP4CY and CyTwins

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Lets look how his season started this year. ISU almost lost to UNI and he looked like the 2nd best QB on the field. He did lose to Stanley. He looked good against a horrible ULM team, but then had 2 costly TO against Baylor in a loss to them. I'd say objectively about the half way point of this season you could see he was finally hitting his stride.
Purdy vs. UNI : 30-41, 278 yds, 1 TD

McElvain vs. ISU : 25-42, 228 yds, 1 TD

Purdy also outplayed Stanley and don't claim he didn't just because Iowa ended up winning. Also, Purdy was definitely not perfect this year and had some down games but don't act like Stanley didn't have some absolutely terrible games either.

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
As I said, Iowa fans are hesitant, as they have heard that ISU had the second coming before. All the QB's I listed were hyped beyond belief by ISU fans and probably you. I'm sure you said Richardson and Park and Lanning > CJ. So you gotta understand Hawk fans got to see a bit more than ISU fans before they "Crown an ISU QB's ass".

Oh you have to "crown" someone to say they're better than Nate Stanley now? Lol!

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
As I said, Iowa fans a hesitant, as they have heard that ISU had the second coming before. All the QB's I listed were hyped beyond belief by ISU fans and probably you. I'm sure you said Richardson and Park and Lanning > CJ. So you gotta understand Hawk fans got to see a bit more than ISU fans before they "Crown an ISU QB's ass".
If you can't tell the difference between Richardson, Park, Lanning, and Purdy, then I think you're the one with the talent evaluation problem lol. Purdy obviously is different and is far more talented than those guys.

• Winner
Reactions: JP4CY and CyTwins

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Purdy vs. UNI : 30-41, 278 yds, 1 TD

McElvain vs. ISU : 25-42, 228 yds, 1 TD

Purdy also outplayed Stanley and don't claim he didn't just because Iowa ended up winning. Also, Purdy was definitely not perfect this year and had some down games but don't act like Stanley didn't have some absolutely terrible games either.

You didn't watch the UNI game if you think he outplayed Purdy. Swap QB's in that game and UNI doesn't keep it close to an ISU team led that day by McElvain.

• Disagree

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If you can't tell the difference between Richardson, Park, Lanning, and Purdy, then I think you're the one with the talent evaluation problem lol. Purdy obviously is different and is far more talented than those guys.

You're saying Nick Saban didn't offer Sam Richardson?!?

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

I mean Iowa fans didn't hear any over hyping of ISU QB's ever, have they.

Yeah because Park is an absolute stud. Lanning had more TD's than Beathard last year and Lanning played in a league that plays defense

At least we can all agree Park is going to be a stud

I was looking for a non trolling thread to discuss both football teams. It's not my fault Park is an elite talent.

You don't know what trolling means. Pointing out Park as an elite talent and Wadley never being a starter is not trolling. Please keep this a troll free thread and since that's all you do maybe you should sit this one out.

Jacob Park is elite

Park produced last year, Fant didn't. That's the difference

QB rating doesn't include fumbles. Park had a better QB rating than CJ last year but he struggled so much?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You didn't watch the UNI game if you think he outplayed Purdy. Swap QB's in that game and UNI doesn't keep it close to an ISU team led that day by McElvain.
I was at the game lol. McElvain played pretty well overall but made a few really nice plays. Purdy was far more consistent overall. He threw for more yards and for a higher percentage with essentially the exact same amount of attempts. You also can't use the criteria of a head to head win with Stanley and then completely throw that out the window when it comes to Purdy vs. McElvain.

• Agree

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I was at the game lol. McElvain played pretty well overall but made a few really nice plays. Purdy was far more consistent overall. He threw for more yards and for a higher percentage with essentially the exact same amount of attempts. You also can't use the criteria of a head to head win with Stanley and then completely throw that out the window when it comes to Purdy vs. McElvain.

Ok, lets say it is debatable. My point still stands, why should Iowa fans all of a sudden think Purdy is elite when ISU fans have been claiming wash outs like Richardson, Lanning, and Park and other are elite as well? Hey there is more data now, and I'd agree that Purdy is dang good. So what if I wanted to see something this year before "Crowning his ass", I think Iowa fans have cause to feel that way.