Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Hawkize31

Jul 6, 2010
Are you really trying to say that shooting 30 free throws is basically the same as 5?

Nope, said nothing even close to that. Sounds pretty silly.

I said one team got called for 13 fouls and the other got called for 21, which isn't a crazy disparity. Not sure what you expect the refs to do - call some non-existent fouls on Iowa until the free throw attempts are more evenly balanced?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

I knew the big 12 was down this year, but didn’t realize it was this far down. So far in Big 12 play he is averaging 12 points a game on 37% shooting. I know he is a really good player, but I think he will have round back into form in order to being named an all conference player at the end of the year. He isn’t there right now I don’t think.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

I said one team got called for 13 fouls and the other got called for 21, which isn't a crazy disparity. Not sure what you expect the refs to do - call some non-existent fouls on Iowa until the free throw attempts are more evenly balanced?

Michigan got called for more than 21 fouls

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

Not being petty, just the truth, fouls called mean nothing, it how many times you get to the line and what you do after you get there. To say that it did not make a difference is foolish. One of the reasons that the Michigan coach was complaining about it. Just like Fran would of if the numbers had been switched.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I knew the big 12 was down this year, but didn’t realize it was this far down. So far in Big 12 play he is averaging 12 points a game on 37% shooting. I know he is a really good player, but I think he will have round back into form in order to being named an all conference player at the end of the year. He isn’t there right now I don’t think.

You're not very good at this

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
You do realize we’re only slightly over 20% through the conference season right? In half of the 4 conference games so far he’s faced the 2 best defensive teams in the Big 12. His ppg will definitely go up.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You do realize we’re only slightly over 20% through the conference season right? In half of the 4 conference games so far he’s faced the 2 best defensive teams in the Big 12. His ppg will definitely go up.

He's trying to troll the Big 12 assist leader. He's not doing a very good job

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

I agree, but that is why I was asking right now if he was an all conference player. I think he gets there, but he isn’t there now.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You’re the one saying that Garza isn’t the best player in the state with nothing to back it up at this point. If Garza keeps this up he might win the Naismith Award.

Garza and Haliburton are two of the best players in the country. It's not like I'm saying Jacobson is better than Garza

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
He thinks Connor is good even though he can't score

I said he plays solid in his role. He didn’t do anything to hurt the team last night and only took two shots (one of which was a hilarious attempt to do a posterized dunk on two Michigan defenders). He knows what he is supposed to do and does it solidly.