Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

Snydes

May 16, 2006
Ames

Thanks for sharing Twins but this this pic is extremely deceiving. I can’t read the clock but I’m guessing it is 30 min before the game. My wife is an Iowa grad and her uncle has season tix so we went last night. We arrived right before tip and I would estimate it was 2/3 full so around 9-10k.

I’ve been going to games in Hilton for 3 decades and overall it was a fun environment. Did it measure up to Hilton for a top 20 opponent, no, but it was predominantly die hards due to the weather... very animated and engaged (not your normal Carver crowd).

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Thanks for sharing Twins but this this pic is extremely deceiving. I can’t read the clock but I’m guessing it is 30 min before the game. My wife is an Iowa grad and her uncle has season tix so we went last night. We arrived right before tip and I would estimate it was 2/3 full so around 9-10k.

I’ve been going to games in Hilton for 3 decades and overall it was a fun environment. Did it measure up to Hilton for a top 20 opponent, no, but it was predominantly die hards due to the weather... very animated and engaged (not your normal Carver crowd).

18 min before tip. My buddy that went said he thought it was 6-7k. He said it was a pretty good crowd and it helped Iowa get to the line 96 times

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Seems having so few options to throw out there has actually helped him. When you only have 7-8 players to cycle through instead of 10-11 you're not taking minutes away from your better players and giving them to end of bench guys. I mean, Pemsl is still getting minutes somehow, but probably more out of necessity at this point

I actually think you are right about this. Fran is forced to only play 8 guys.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
FT discrepancy was misleading. Iowa got called for 13 fouls, Michigan got called for 21 (before they intentionally fouled a couple times late to extend the game). A 21-13 foul discrepancy in favor of the home team is not that egregious.

It was weird that so many fouls were shooting fouls for Iowa and there weren't many for Michigan. Michigan trying twice as many 3's as Iowa was probably a factor in that.

Are you really trying to say that shooting 30 free throws is basically the same as 5? Foul discrepancy means nothing, its how many times you get to the line, and do you make the first one when you get there to earn the second.

27/30 to 4/5. Home cooking at its best.

• Creative
  • Winner
Reactions: breck53 and CyTwins

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Are you really trying to say that shooting 30 free throws is basically the same as 5? Foul discrepancy means nothing, its how many times you get to the line, and do you make the first one when you get there to earn the second.

27/30 to 4/5. Home cooking at its best.

Not saying Iowa didn’t get a little home cooking, but Iowa usually lets the other team get the layup when they are beaten on defense and didn’t contend much last night. Plus Michigan committed a bunch of stupid penalties last night.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Between how the football seasons turned out, bowl games, wrestling, and MBB, Twins is all...

BWke.gif

But Winthorpe does bounce back and win in the end. Chin up.

• Funny
Reactions: iahawks

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
18 min before tip. My buddy that went said he thought it was 6-7k. He said it was a pretty good crowd and it helped Iowa get to the line 96 times

The 2019-2020 sports year has been brutal for you so far. I can't imagine what you are going through right now.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Was Halliburton a mid season AA?
This mid season accolade couldn’t be more pathetic. What year was it where uthoff light Isu up in first half? He would hve been mid game vip. Stupid award.