Is Lewis injured because

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
correct

jackson is also 2-17 from 3 in his last 7 games

Counting all 7 of Lewis games he’s 6-11 from 3

scoring more points than the other team will win games, if my math is right.

Oh I agree I'm all for playing Lewis at this point. You've been to practice too you and I can both understand why he isn't at times though lol. Prohm just needs to suck it up and throw him out there to see if he can make shots regardless of what he did in game prep at this point in the season

• Agree
Reactions: GTO and Artic Zone

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Again I just asked a poster who was getting minutes that were worse defensively than Lewis. That is all

Who cares, they are both bad on defense, yet one is significantly better on offense. It's kind of the whole purpose of basketball, putting the ball in the hoop.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I do. I'm genuinely curious who he thinks the players who are getting minutes that are worse defensively than Lewis
I don’t know who posted that but that point is moot. We suck at defense regardless. We needed someone who can make a 3. Jackson had a chance to likely win the game on a 3 last night. He has proven to be a horrible 3pt shooter. Why the hell does he get that chance?

• Agree
Reactions: clones8232

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
I do. I'm genuinely curious who he thinks the players who are getting minutes that are worse defensively than Lewis

lewis could stay in front of his man better than Jacobson or young playing the 4. And he is better on offense than the freshman guards.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
Looked to me like Jackson was guarding Nembhard most of the night. I don't think his defense was stellar.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
lewis could stay in front of his man better than Jacobson or young playing the 4. And he is better on offense than the freshman guards.

People need to start using MJ and SY numbers from this year in these debates. They aren't getting more rebounds than Lewis probably could with similar minutes.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
The long and the short of it is this...zero statistical evidence exists that shows Lewis would “hurt” this team more than he helps it. None. I haven’t found it anyway. If it exists, point me too it. There IS statistical evidence available that heavily suggests there are at least 2, probably 3 or 4, guys getting way more minutes than him who do NOT help the team as much as Lewis does, and in some cases, it’s not even close.

Last edited:

bearcat92

Mar 2, 2013
Oh I agree I'm all for playing Lewis at this point. You've been to practice too you and I can both understand why he isn't at times though lol. Prohm just needs to suck it up and throw him out there to see if he can make shots regardless of what he did in game prep at this point in the season

I may not have enough information but having trouble reconciling the Lewis situation, but-
  • TL's work ethic in practice has been thrown out there a lot over the years, so has Prohm publicly mentioned this?
  • If so and he is in the doghouse for it (or other reasons), doesn't it hurt CSP's credibility to not play him on this premise, start him and give him 30+ when "desperate", and then put him back in the doghouse?
  • Wouldn't it be best for each respective party if a transparent decision is made to either to bury him or put him in the rotation?
    • although player wants to play, at least he isn't on a roller coaster ride
    • tamps down some questioning of how coach is handling the situation
seems to be handled a little different than J. McKay (but I was a little more engaged then)

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I may not have enough information but having trouble reconciling the Lewis situation, but-
  • TL's work ethic in practice has been thrown out there a lot over the years, so has Prohm publicly mentioned this?
  • If so and he is in the doghouse for it (or other reasons), doesn't it hurt CSP's credibility to not play him on this premise, start him and give him 30+ when "desperate", and then put him back in the doghouse?
  • Wouldn't it be best for each respective party if a transparent decision is made to either to bury him or put him in the rotation?
    • although player wants to play, at least he isn't on a roller coaster ride
    • tamps down some questioning of how coach is handling the situation
seems to be handled a little different than J. McKay (but I was a little more engaged then)

I think many within the program were expecting him to transfer this past off season. Teammates love him though

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I really don't give a **** if Jackson, Grill, and Griffin play like LeBron, Steph, and Kawhi in practice. In the actual games they turn into second-half Uthoffs. Give me the guy who actually produces IN THE GAME. Prohm is mishandling this worse than the Wigginton fiasco. Apparently he did not learn from that.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
He provides nothing from what I’ve seen
Not only is he a liability on offense, he was losing his man and failing to switch on screens time and time again last night. He looked lost defensively, the same critique of Lewis I keep hearing ad nauseam.

It's something else keeping Lewis off the court at this point. And if it's justified, fine, but prohm needs to just come out and suspend him if that's the case. I hope Lewis isn't back next year if prohm is.