Doyle cost Epenesa millions

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Play any Big Ten team that doesn't treat the game like their Super Bowl and we'd have a great shot. They're not used to seeing QB's like Purdy who are actually talented
Good thing for butter fingers they don’t count lost fumbles in QB stats. Didn’t he have 7! this year?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Good thing for butter fingers they don’t count lost fumbles in QB stats. Didn’t he have 7! this year?

Purdy had 4 of 5 lost fumbles this year. Iowa, Notre Dame, Kansas State and I'm sure I'm missing one or two. Might have been credited for one in the ULM game actually IIRC

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Purdy had 4 of 5 lost fumbles this year. Iowa, Notre Dame, Kansas State and I'm sure I'm missing one or two. Might have been credited for one in the ULM game actually IIRC
Fumble six v UNI.

Good thing for the fumbler they don’t really track lost fumbles. Pretty sure he has 7. Either way, needs to hang onto the ball

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Ouch, that is some bad QB play.

Purdy threw for 244 yards more than any quarterback Iowa's ever had in a single season

Tied Chuck Long with 27 passing touchdowns on the season

Shattered Brad Banks total touchdown record at Iowa on a season with 35 touchdowns

All of this against the 4th hardest schedule in the entire country while being dinged up for half the season

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Purdy threw for 244 yards more than any quarterback Iowa's ever had in a single season

Shattered Brad Banks total touchdown record at Iowa on a season with 35 touchdowns

All of this against the 4th hardest schedule in the entire country while being dinged up for half the season

And still Purdy wasn't up for the Heisman, how could that be. 7 fumbles, you gotta be really bad to fumble 7 times and a QB, right?

Ops, I forgot, that 5 out of 6 legit metics don't have ISU as the 4th toughest schedule.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
And still Purdy wasn't up for the Heisman, how could that be. 7 fumbles, you gotta be really bad to fumble 7 times and a QB, right?

He was second team All Conference behind the Heisman runner up. To compare Justin Fields fumbled 9 times this year

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

We should beat the Hawks. Just once - we should beat the hawks. Otherwise all this johnson measuring by you seems really petty.

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013

He's a great fantasy player.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
We should beat the Hawks. Just once - we should beat the hawks. Otherwise all this johnson measuring by you seems really petty.

Look at these threads as many of us other posters look at them. Twins keeps all these hawk trolls corralled in a few places. If he wasn’t here battling them, their kind would wander into the regular boards and slime them. A few do venture out but then Twins starts one of these threads and gets their undies wound extra tight.

• Disagree
Reactions: royalcy

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
No. Big difference between not caring about a game and only caring about one game

Lol, Iowa cares about more than ISU, they just make sure they win that game because it helps with instate recruiting. Which in turn makes us the better team at years end about 90% of the time. I will take those odds.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: royalcy and CyTwins

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Honest question since you are rational. Will Purdy go down as the greatest QB in the state of Iowa's history when it's all said and done? It will come down to him or Chuck I assume

Not unless he wins games against good teams. He has not done that in his starting history. WVU was decent win I will give him that, but Chuck won more than that and didnt lose to teams he should have beaten.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Honest question since you are rational. Will Purdy go down as the greatest QB in the state of Iowa's history when it's all said and done? It will come down to him or Chuck I assume
I am not using stats on this argument right now, but Purdy is behind Tate and Stanzi in the big win department at the moment. I think Seneca is the best ISU QB ever.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron