Iowa Basketball's Super Bowl

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Troll if you want but you know as well as I do that Iowa is pretty good this year.

I am guessing they are much better than you expected.
Yeah I think they're pretty solid. I'm not going to hold my breath though. There have been better overall Iowa teams that have completely collapsed as the year went on. We'll see if this year is different though.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
A large majority of your fanbase wanted him to quit basketball this off season and it doesn't appear he's improved so I'll let you figure that one out

You ask if his role is to suck and then cant tell me how he has sucked this year?

I said his 3 point shooting sucks but its still 8 points higher than Bolton's and Connor has a better d rating than Bolton and a much higher o rating.

And you think Bolton is one of the 5 best players in the state?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You ask if his role is to suck and then cant tell me how he has sucked this year?

I said his 3 point shooting sucks but its still 8 points higher than Bolton's and Connor has a better d rating than Bolton and a much higher o rating.

And you think Bolton is one of the 5 best players in the state?

You think Connor is better than Bolton?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Troll if you want but you know as well as I do that Iowa is pretty good this year.

I am guessing they are much better than you expected.

That is probably more the other guys.

Garza has turned into an absolute monster.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
You think Connor is better than Bolton?

Its closer than you like to admit.

Connor 8 points higher in 3 point percentage. FG percentage has Bolton barely higher by 1%.

Connor averages more rebounds, more assists, more steals and fewer turnovers a game while playing about 1.5 more minutes per game less than Bolton.

Bolton gets to the line at a better clip and has shot it better there as well.

Connor has a much higher o rating, 124.2 to 104.6 and a slightly better d rating, 98.4 to 99.7.

The only thing that Bolton has a significant edge over him is in PPG and thats all because he shoots the ball 5 more times per game on average.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
From what I have seen, Fredrick or Wieskamp would be just what the doctor ordered for this ISU team.

Yeah, we're really missing 3-4 types.

We have 1-2s and a glut of 5s.

It's on the wing we are lacking.

ISU and Iowa would patch a lot of each other's holes, ironically.

ISU would give Iowa a true PG and/or either muscle or rim protection from a center that would pair well with Garza on offense, looking at it the other direction.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Its closer than you like to admit.

Connor 8 points higher in 3 point percentage. FG percentage has Bolton barely higher by 1%.

Connor averages more rebounds, more assists, more steals and fewer turnovers a game while playing about 1.5 more minutes per game less than Bolton.

Bolton gets to the line at a better clip and has shot it better there as well.

Connor has a much higher o rating, 124.2 to 104.6 and a slightly better d rating, 98.4 to 99.7.

The only thing that Bolton has a significant edge over him is in PPG and thats all because he shoots the ball 5 more times per game on average.

That's one way to avoid the question. Who do you think is a better college basketball player. Bolton or Connor?

• Creative
Reactions: Lafaester54

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
How is Bolton better and how has Connor sucked?

When you just rate a post "funny" or respond with an "lol" you are kind of giving up.

Are you kidding me? Bolton is a bucket getter and still shoots the ball better even though he's at a higher volume and a focal part of the defense.

Conditt is better than Garza, Garza just shoots more. Advanced stats agree. Did I do that right?

• Funny
Reactions: breck53

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Are you kidding me? Bolton is a bucket getter and still shoots the ball better even though he's at a higher volume and a focal part of the defense.

Conditt is better than Garza, Garza just shoots more. Advanced stats agree. Did I do that right?
Twins is right about Conditt.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019

I didnt use only advanced stats with Connor/Bolton. Connor is getting more rebounds, steals and assists while playing less minutes than Bolton. His A/TO ratio is way better.

Bolton is a bucket getter that shoots 1% higher than Connor and 8 points less from 3 point range. A better term would be an inefficient gunner, in my opinion.