OSU

Texas
ISU
TCU
TTU
WVU
Kansas

Each grouping will be pretty close

To me that is the problem has CMC has lost the momentum within the conference to KSU. Maybe he can get it back, if he is good he will get it back. The talent is there or on the way to do better.

probably a question for Surly but I believe KSU graduates a lot of guys

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Stanley beat ISU in his second career start but that was in Ames against a team that finished 8-5. Beathard was Iowa's starting QB in Campbell's first year at ISU.

Iowa gets their entire backfield and receiving core back next season so the QB will have a lot of pieces at his disposal if he can get comfortable and the OL performs adequately.
You're correct, I have blocked a lot out from that 3-9 season. And that Iowa game specifically I recall being one of the least competitive and lopsided I've ever seen in the series during my 29 year lifetime. Iowa does have a good RB in Goodson, and some of the WR stepped up this year. I don't think losing Stanley is really a net positive for ISU or net negative for Iowa, but in a rivalry game you'd at least like Stanley's experience. The hope is we can rattle the new guy, but that is rarely the case for ISU (see the UNI QB this year in literally his first collegiate start).

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
probably a question for Surly but I believe KSU graduates a lot of guys
Answered this above, but yes, the o'line is pretty much gone sans one all-conference guard. And the d'line loses a lot as well with an all-conference d'end returning. Otherwise, K-State returns a lot of talented youngsters at every level.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
It's tough to predict, but a lot of you need to quit being downers. This was a lousy way to end the season, but think about it this way:

-Iowa - Weak offensive playcalling allowed Iowa to come back and our special teams guys were too busy trying to boink each other instead of catching the football for a chance at a comeback.
-Baylor - Offense was weak for three quarters, then after coming back, defense took a nap on the last drive.
-Oklahoma - We were one play away from winning this game. The two point conversion attempt was a disaster, but that was a winnable game.

The other three losses I won't discuss since we got butt trounced. Fix the little things and don't take games off (Oklahoma State and Kansas State). I would say this team is capable of being 10-2 if they do everything right, but since that won't happen, I am going to go with 8-4 with losses to Iowa, Oklahoma, Okie State, and one of Baylor or Texas.

• Agree
Reactions: Remo Gaggi

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
1.) K-State loses like 20 guys off of the 2 deeps after this year... Next year is going to be pretty humbling IMO.

2.) I appreciate that CMC didn't pull a CPR and throw the young o-lineman to the wolves this year because it would have been easy to do. I don't expect our o-line to be any worse than it was this year, in fact I think we may see an uptick.

3.) LOL at people predicting 5-7....

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
SD- W
@iowa- L - sounds like they lost a lot, but not picking us to win against them until Campbell proves he can beat them
UNLV- W
Tech- W
@KU- W
@OSU- L
OU- L
KSU- W (not confident in this though)
@TCU- W
Baylor- L (think we'll go 1-1 between the TCU and Baylor games)
@texas- L
WVU- W

7-5 again. I'm fine with that; watched too much ****** football from ISU in my life to be upset with 7 wins

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Lafaester54

Mar 18, 2011
Colorado/Wyoming
9-3 at the skill spots, 5-7 on the interior.

So we go 7-5.
I like the take re the interior line play. Think our outlook will depend on the line play, esp on offense. It didn’t seem like any of the younger guys stepped up on the offensive line this year. Hoping their limited playing time was based on coaches decisions and not lack of talent.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
South Dakota W
at Iowa L because it's in Iowa City. They lose some key pieces.
UNLV W
Texas Tech W
at Kansas W
at Oklahoma State L
Oklahoma W still very beatable until they prove they can play defense
Kansas State W they are going to be very depleted.
at TCU L bounces back
Baylor W takes a step back
at Texas L only because it's at Texas
West Virginia W
Alamo Bowl

8-4. I think we WIN some of the close games next year and #proveit by winning in the margins.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
South Dakota W
at Iowa L because it's in Iowa City. They lose some key pieces.
UNLV W
Texas Tech W
at Kansas W
at Oklahoma State L
Oklahoma W still very beatable until they prove they can play defense
Kansas State W they are going to be very depleted.
at TCU L bounces back
Baylor W takes a step back
at Texas L only because it's at Texas
West Virginia W
Alamo Bowl

8-4. I think we WIN some of the close games next year and #proveit by winning in the margins.
We won 2-3 close games this year (Depending on your definition of Kansas) and lost 3 close games. Pretty normal for all teams.

Last edited: