Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
But no one knows what happened? I heard rumblings of a recruiting violation or something and ISU had to back off and also heard Campbell didn't like him still going to Iowa on visits.

There were rumors he lifted a shirt or sweatshirt or something from someone during his visit and that's why MC pulled his offer. The Young kid must be laughing his arse off.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
My understanding with Twedt is that he essentially wasn't buying that Campbell was sticking around (even after he told him that he was) and that rubbed Campbell the wrong way. Campbell stopped contact shortly after. It's pretty simple really. If your future coach is telling you something and you're not intelligent enough to mark it down as truth, then clearly you aren't what the staff is looking for.

• Informative
Reactions: iahawks

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
My understanding with Twedt is that he essentially wasn't buying that Campbell was sticking around (even after he told him that he was) and that rubbed Campbell the wrong way. Campbell stopped contact shortly after. It's pretty simple really. If your future coach is telling you something and you're not intelligent enough to mark it down as truth, then clearly you aren't what the staff is looking for.

This is pretty accurate

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Can't sniff a Big Ten West title but he can beat big bro so that's just the way we like them! Lol!
Iowa was just as close to a West title this year as ISU was to beating Baylor. You really don't think ISU was "sniffing" a win vs Baylor this year?

Man, harsh.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa was just as close to a West title this year as ISU was to beating Baylor. You really don't think ISU was "sniffing" a win vs Baylor this year?

Man, harsh.

Iowa finished third in the Big Ten West so not sure how that comparison works

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018

Man, harsh.

I mean technically ISU was 3rd in the Big 12 and Iowa was 3rd in the Big 10 West. So Iowa was as close to a Big 10 title as ISU was to finishing 1st in the Big 12

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You do, but I'll break it out for anyone else reading. Iowa lost to Wisconsin by 2 this season.

What happens if Iowa scores 3 additional points and beats Wisconsin this year? Who wins the West and goes to Indy?

What happens if Iowa misses a FG against Nebraska? What happens if Iowa scores more than 3 points vs Michigan? Lol two teams finished ahead of Iowa in their own division. I get you guys love Stanley because he can win your big game but he's never got close to a Big Ten West title

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
What happens if Iowa misses a FG against Nebraska? What happens if Iowa scores more than 3 points vs Michigan? Lol two teams finished ahead of Iowa in their own division. I get you guys love Stanley because he can win your big game but he's never got close to a Big Ten West title
Yeah, this is about what I expected.

Missed the West title by 3 points - "can't get a whiff of a West title".

Man, not being able to beat Iowa in anything other than Cross Country has you guys irate over here. Hopefully next year you guys can finally pull through.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
You do, but I'll break it out for anyone else reading. Iowa lost to Wisconsin by 2 this season.

What happens if Iowa scores 3 additional points and beats Wisconsin this year? Who wins the West and goes to Indy?
This is the truth however you want to spin it. If they beat Wisc. they went yo Indy.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yeah, this is about what I expected.

Missed the West title by 3 points - "can't get a whiff of a West title".

Man, not being able to beat Iowa in anything other than Cross Country has you guys irate over here. Hopefully next year you guys can finally pull through.

Nate Stanley's Big Ten West finishes:

2017 - T4th
2018 - T4th
2019 - 3rd

Yeah safe to say he didn't sniff a Big Ten West title especially considering he was 3 games back in 2018 and 5 games back in 2017. Lol