Little Tweet From Our Friends at the Camping World Bowl

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I know I will get railed for this but the whole Busch/ISU thing is getting old and over used.
Yes & no. Think about it - the reputation precedes us, and gets our name out on social media. Basic marketing, for them AND for ISU, IMO.

PS: can't stand that crap - give me Dos Equis amber any day. :D

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I get that some people don't like Busch or are tired of the ISU connection but it helps raise the profile of our fan base. It all just plays in to the idea that ISU fans are going to show up in numbers, spend money and help create a fun atmosphere.

If you're upset because its a cheap beer and that it makes us look like rednecks....news flash, anyone not from the midwest already thinks that about us, doesn't matter what we drink. They are just looking for more reasons to call us that. May as well celebrate it and enjoy the perks it gets us like, like being in Orlando instead of Memphis.

I'm one who finds the whole thing a little overblown and cheeky, but I think you're right on this one.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I get that some people don't like Busch or are tired of the ISU connection but it helps raise the profile of our fan base. It all just plays in to the idea that ISU fans are going to show up in numbers, spend money and help create a fun atmosphere.

If you're upset because its a cheap beer and that it makes us look like rednecks....news flash, anyone not from the midwest already thinks that about us, doesn't matter what we drink. They are just looking for more reasons to call us that. May as well celebrate it and enjoy the perks it gets us like, like being in Orlando instead of Memphis.

Actually the Californians who have hired me all said they thought I'd be a hard worker because I was from the Midwest.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009

I don't think many (or any) are getting tired of the connection because it makes us look like rednecks...more that it's run it's course, was really fun and impromptu when it started, and now is a corporate marketing deal more than anything.

Either way, it's fun and good publicity, but I can see where people are starting to roll their eyes about it.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
No they tweeted something nice at Carson so we are all friends again.

Busch Light gave $$$$, including a bunch from the local distributor after the flap with the Register. I'm back on the Bus(ch Light).

• Agree
Reactions: TheHelgo

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Hey who doesn't want to spend tens of thousands on a degree to have it associated with cheap beer?
Heck, it's also associated with ramen noodles, $5 Large Pepperoni Pizzas from the Pizza Pit, and other cheap items that college students buy.

College Student: Hmmmm, got $10...6 pack of premium microbrew...or 18 pack of Busch Lights...light bulb.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron