Iowa State Basketball is a Mid-Major Roster

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Thank you for the objective assessment. As I get older, I have become more of a state of Iowa fan than a die hard fan of one team.

The thread posted last year from an MSU beat writer was a fair assessment of Iowa's roster. I didn't sense the OP of that thread was throwing shade at Iowa.

I'm not throwing shade at ISU. I like Prohm and want him to have success building his own program at ISU. I posted in the in-state rivals forum, because I am not a die hard cyclone fan.

I think it is a fair question and worth debating and hearing insight from die hard cyclone fans.

I will only throw shade at posters who immediately start getting negative and attacking (i.e. Cat Stevens).

I will be respectful to all others who want to engage with similar respect.

You don't start this thread and then claim you're not trying to throw shade at ISU. Shut the **** up you ******* troll.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
No way in heck that the OP posts on here if the Hoks didn't win last Thurs. In fact, I have seen posts by a number of "new" Hok posters during the past few days. Doubt strongly that we would hear a single peep out of these pieces of crap had they lost.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
It's hard to say why exactly I think Iowa fans should go **** themselves on a daily basis, but really, they should go **** themselves.

I think the rivalry is getting chippy because of fans like you. Jeez, this stuff is supposed to be fun, why take it so serious? You guys have a better basketball program and your football program looks in the best shape it has been since the early 2000's under McCarney. Heck CyTwins has been trolling Iowa fans for what a decade on here, with no end in site, and you guys love that. Why be such a hater when some Hawk fans give you some of it back?

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
I think the rivalry is getting chippy because of fans like you. Jeez, this stuff is supposed to be fun, why take it so serious? You guys have a better basketball program and your football program looks in the best shape it has been since the early 2000's under McCarney. Heck CyTwins has been trolling Iowa fans for what a decade on here, with no end in site, and you guys love that. Why be such a hater when some Hawk fans give you some of it back?
People take this stuff way too seriously. I think it's hilarious.

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
We know you here. No need to alert us.
200.gif

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I personally dont get caught up in 1 game situations. I remember ISU losing to Drake and UNI the same season we beat UConn and played eventual champ Kentucky pretty well for 30 minutes in the NCAAs.

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
It's an Iowa State site, I come here for Iowa State things, not for asshat hawk fans to come trolling because they beat us in something. I don't go to Iowa sites or Kansas sites or Texas sites because I am not a fan and don't feel the need to harass them after we beat them. I think fans of teams that troll other teams sites have a definite self-esteem issue and are probably ******** in every day life as well. I am chippy because of fans like you. And yes, Cytwins trolls Iowa fans on here, because there are so many Iowa fans on here. That's why the whole little brother schtick is a joke. You are attention seeking whores.

• Funny
Reactions: Hawkmi

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I don't know about mid-major talent but this team sucks. Next year will be worse.

Agree that this year's team is not good, but not sure about next year yet.

The problem with next year, assuming Hali goes pro, is that Prohm needs to basically hit 100% on all the incoming recruits.... which is a LOT to ask. It's rare to not have a bust or two in a recruiting class.

The other issue with next year's incoming class.... there really aren't any "shooters" in that class either. And that is a huge pet peeve of mine. I've always believed that if you at least put a team on the floor of shooters, you'll score plenty of points to win.... and then hopefully you can teach them to play tough defense. You can't really teach shooting IMO.

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013

It's an Iowa State site, I come here for Iowa State things, not for asshat hawk fans to come trolling because they beat us in something. I don't go to Iowa sites or Kansas sites or Texas sites because I am not a fan and don't feel the need to harass them after we beat them. I think fans of teams that troll other teams sites have a definite self-esteem issue and are probably ******** in every day life as well. I am chippy because of fans like you. And yes, Cytwins trolls Iowa fans on here, because there are so many Iowa fans on here. That's why the whole little brother schtick is a joke. You are attention seeking whores.
giphy.gif

• Agree
Reactions: Legend Hawk

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

If you come to this Iowa State site for Iowa St. things, why are you on the In State Rivals forum? I mean if it bothers you so much, why are you seeking it out?

Help Support Us

Become a patron