Iowa State Basketball is a Mid-Major Roster

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I don't feel like it is a mid major roster, but there are certainly some holes in it. They are routinely playing 6 guys that are freshman or Sophomores. ISU lost a lot of firepower last year, all underclassmen, something it is pretty hard to plan for.

A couple of guys that can actually make an open shot would make a huge difference with this team, and I still think there are a couple that are capable. We will see.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
This thread is a perfect example with all that’s wrong with the hok fan base. They are uneducated, petty, and obsessed with us. Thread after thread shows how pathetic this group of fans are. Get a life guys and enjoy your trashy program.

P

PeacefulRival

Haliburton - NBA talent
Bolton - P5 talent
Conditt - P5 all conference talent
Nixon - mid major talent
Young - P5 talent
Jacobson - P5 talent
Griffin - mid major talent
Jackson - TBD
Grill - TBD
Lewis - mid major talent
Anderson - low major talent
Leech - low major talent
Johnson - P5 talent

Thank you for the objective assessment. As I get older, I have become more of a state of Iowa fan than a die hard fan of one team.

The thread posted last year from an MSU beat writer was a fair assessment of Iowa's roster. I didn't sense the OP of that thread was throwing shade at Iowa.

I'm not throwing shade at ISU. I like Prohm and want him to have success building his own program at ISU. I posted in the in-state rivals forum, because I am not a die hard cyclone fan.

I think it is a fair question and worth debating and hearing insight from die hard cyclone fans.

I will only throw shade at posters who immediately start getting negative and attacking (i.e. Cat Stevens).

I will be respectful to all others who want to engage with similar respect.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Just because they have some holes in their roster doesn't make them mid-major. Haliburton is a borderline lottery pick. Bolton is a proven P5 player. Conditt is a future NBA player. Young and Jacobson are P5 players at worst. They are missing proven shooters to make teams pay for playing zone. Even a bad zone like Iowa's proved too much for them to handle.

• Agree
Reactions: Cat Stevens

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Haliburton - NBA talent
Bolton - P5 talent
Conditt - P5 all conference talent
Nixon - mid major talent
Young - P5 talent