Iowa Basketball's Super Bowl

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Kudos to this guy trying to diminish Georges but anyone with a basketball mindset can understand that Georges did so many things that didn't show up in stat sheets while also stuffing the stat sheet.

Like this for example:
QYaP1Dt.gif

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Like this for example:
QYaP1Dt.gif
I was at that game.. One of the best games I've ever been too on a few levels. We played a complete game and didn't let Iowa determine how we were going to play, and we completely took the crowd out of the game. The crowd at CHA that night was actually good and ferocious and this game might've been the start to the demise of the fanbase.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Niang made plenty of plays / shots over his career to outweigh any of the ones he missed.. Please don't compare Georges to Iowa players because it's incredibly insulting to him.

Dexter had a point comparing Iowa 70s, 80s and early 90s players. Since then woof.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Dexter had a point comparing Iowa 70s, 80s and early 90s players. Since then woof.
That's fair. The landscape of the Iowa program has completely changed since then.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
"Iowa is going to win, probably by a lot. Iowa St is not a good offensive team, more defensively oriented. While we have a pretty poor defense, they don't have the shooting on their team to get us out of the zone. Garza should be able to abuse their interior considering he absolutely worked Teske, who probably is the best defensive C in the B1G. They'll either have to live with that or double inside, which should leave us with a bunch of easy outside shots. And unlike last year, Connor is hitting quite a few of those or at least driving and creating a secondary shot.

Too bad for Iowa St. Calling themselves "The Bear" and then absolutely getting smoked in every important sport for the 2nd year in a row plus losing 4 straight with WBB, 5 straight in FB, stopped counting in wrestling, and now, 3/4 in MBB.

By the way, we don't believe you Cyclone fans when you say you don't care, the players don't care as much, or simply that its our Superbowl. News flash, you're the Michigan and we're the Ohio St in this rivalry. And just like Michigan, you're a goddamn embarrassment."

This guy seems incredibly angry.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
"Iowa is going to win, probably by a lot. Iowa St is not a good offensive team, more defensively oriented. While we have a pretty poor defense, they don't have the shooting on their team to get us out of the zone. Garza should be able to abuse their interior considering he absolutely worked Teske, who probably is the best defensive C in the B1G. They'll either have to live with that or double inside, which should leave us with a bunch of easy outside shots. And unlike last year, Connor is hitting quite a few of those or at least driving and creating a secondary shot.

Too bad for Iowa St. Calling themselves "The Bear" and then absolutely getting smoked in every important sport for the 2nd year in a row plus losing 4 straight with WBB, 5 straight in FB, stopped counting in wrestling, and now, 3/4 in MBB.

By the way, we don't believe you Cyclone fans when you say you don't care, the players don't care as much, or simply that its our Superbowl. News flash, you're the Michigan and we're the Ohio St in this rivalry. And just like Michigan, you're a goddamn embarrassment."

This guy seems incredibly angry.

where did you get this?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
oh I’m sure. Which one of the garbage that posts here said it?
I honestly don't think there's a Hawk fan on here that thinks Iowa is going to demolish Iowa State in Hilton. It'd be an extremely hot take with no substance to back it up other than blind optimism. I would say most Iowa fans on here, although biased and homers like 99% of us, are pretty reasonable when giving their predictions for games.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I honestly don't think there's a Hawk fan on here that thinks Iowa is going to demolish Iowa State in Hilton. It'd be an extremely hot take with no substance to back it up other than blind optimism. I would say most Iowa fans on here, although biased and homers like 99% of us, are pretty reasonable when giving their predictions for games.

dammit you’ve peaked my curiosity. Now I have to go look.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
@mikesright

you’re truly the biggest loser hawk. And that is no small feat. The embarrassment you cause the species by your existence is far far greater than any other embarrassment you may speak of.

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
where did you get this?
Where this confidence coming from? They got blown out at home by DePaul. Gee, Iowa is not Duke or Kentucky. BTW according to a Hawkeye fan on HR, Fredrick has no weakness in his game .. Game over. We have no chance against Iowa team that has Garza (modern day McHale), Wieskamp (NBA player), and Fredrick (no weakness in his game).

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Where this confidence coming from? They got blown out at home by DePaul. Gee, Iowa is not Duke or Kentucky. BTW according to a Hawkeye fan on HR, Fredrick has no weakness in his game .. Game over. We have no chance against Iowa team that has Garza (modern day McHale), Wieskamp (NBA player), and Fredrick (no weakness in his game).
Iowa is not a walk in the park this year and usually aren't for a lot of teams in the beginning of the year. Look back on a lot of Iowa's seasons, and they've usually played their best basketball during the first half of the season and completely fall apart towards the end. I'm not surprised Iowa lost to DePaul because they are a good team, however losing in the fashion they did at home was surprising.

This game will be a battle throughout the entire game. I highly doubt either team blows the other out. But yes, there is no reason for any Iowa fan to think they're going to come into Hilton and blow us out.

• Funny
Reactions: Patrick Riley

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
There's now a post over on HR making fun of the fact that Iowa State has lost the last two times they played in CHA... How dumb do you have to be to bring that up as some sort of slight when your favorite team hasn't won in Hilton since 2003?? 6,110 days to be exact.