Anyone interested in B12 MBB ranking?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I would say the same. K-State has no alpha dog presently. Barry Brown, Jacob Pullen, Rodney McGruder - none of those type guys and it shows.

I watched the Marquette game, you're right, kind of just waiting for someone else to make a play. Seemed like K State would get down 10, then get right back in it, then it'd be 10 again before you knew it.

As far as the league, I think we know the top 2 but not much after this. This weekend was kind of eye opening, tough losses for Okie St, WV, TCU, KSU (all winnable games) and OU snuck by North Texas on Thursday. I think the league is a step or two back from what it's usually like. Seeing 4 or 5 other teams struggle makes me less worried about some of our issues come big 12 play.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Baylor over #18 Butler tonight. TTU hammered #1 Louisville at Louisville. ISU beat #16 Seton Hall. Seems like Big 12 teams can be world beaters one night, but still able to lose to just about anyone. This could be a crazy year.

The Tech game was in NY. Still a great win.

• Optimistic
Reactions: CycloneEggie

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
1. Kansas- just won their 300th game of this decade, tops among all P5 programs

2. Baylor- putting together a nice non-con resume with wins over Nova, Arizona and Butler

3. Texas Tech- still offensively challenged but that will improve when Ramsey returns. Good win against Louisville in NYC.

4. Iowa State- beat a hobbled Seton Hall team but I trust Prohm more than the coaches below this except Huggins and I like Halliburton to positively affect games more than anyone Huggins has.

5-8 West Virginia/Texas/Oklahoma/Okie State- none of these guys have really played or beat anyone. Throw them in a blender and sort them in any way, it doesn't matter.

9-10. TCU/KSU- Both are just not very good right now.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone and Doc

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
As of today, having actually watched a few games:

1. Baylor on top as they've actually beat some really good teams.
2. Ku and TxT coming in tied for second after the Raiders nice win over the 'ville.

4. WVU seems stronger but young and coming off a loss to the Johnnies.
5. ISU is solid again, isn't it.
6. Then maybe the Longhorns with their outstanding guards.
7. oSu should be better, methinks

8. OU I haven't seen yet
9. TCU's Jamie should have taken the UCLA job
10. And EMAW which will struggle throughout but cobble together a few B12 wins based on Bruce Weber's coaching ability if nothing else.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
I'll start. Fill in the blanks with rationale?
1. Ku - I see others have them #1 in the country today
10. K-State - couldn't shoot the ball in the Pacific if standing atop the Santa Monica pier.

If ISU loses tomorrow night, then we'll take that 10 spot from you guys...

• Disagree
Reactions: surly

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
As of today, having actually watched a few games:

1. Baylor on top as they've actually beat some really good teams.
2. Ku and TxT coming in tied for second after the Raiders nice win over the 'ville.

4. WVU seems stronger but young and coming off a loss to the Johnnies.
5. ISU is solid again, isn't it.
6. Then maybe the Longhorns with their outstanding guards.
7. oSu should be better, methinks

8. OU I haven't seen yet
9. TCU's Jamie should have taken the UCLA job
10. And EMAW which will struggle throughout but cobble together a few B12 wins based on Bruce Weber's coaching ability if nothing else.
Never stop being you.

D

Deleted member 8507

If you go by KenPom. ISU is 4th in the B12 now after beating Seton Hall.
1- KU
2-Baylor
3-TT
4-ISU
Didn't bother to look at the rest.

B12 is down this year as far as these rankings go. Yes it is early, but I thought B12 has been tight in the top 30 for past couple of years.
B12 has 8 teams in the top 45 of KenPom. I don't think it fell too far. Probably take a top 5 finish to guarantee a no sweat tourney bid but #6-8 could still slip in if they stay that high.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Currently:

1. Kansas
2. Baylor
3. Texas
4. West Virginia
5. Oklahoma State
6. Texas Tech
7. Iowa State
8. Oklahoma
9. TCU
10. Kansas State

End of Season

1. Kansas
2. Baylor
3. TTech
4. WVU,OSU,ISU
5.Oklahoma, Texas
6. KSU
7. TCU

Last edited:

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Baylor over #18 Butler tonight. TTU hammered #1 Louisville at Louisville. ISU beat #16 Seton Hall. Seems like Big 12 teams can be world beaters one night, but still able to lose to just about anyone. This could be a crazy year.

It's also worth noting that there just doesn't to be any super elite teams this year. The NCAA tournament could be wide open.

• Agree
Reactions: surly

Help Support Us

Become a patron