Mock drafts slotting Tyrese Haliburton as potential lottery pick

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I personally have this weird feeling that TH will come back for his Junior season. Not that I don't think he'll be regarded as highly, but I think we fail to meet the threshold he wants to this season(team wise) and has a want to come back and leave his jersey in a better place to use someone elses words..
Unless he starts playing like crap he'd be a fool to come back.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I have him falling out of the 2nd round and staying 4 years at ISU :)

THT early in the season was being touted as a 1st-rounder and then dropped out. I don't know if that was due to his performances or just that more people got on teams' radar screens.
He played great against Illinois in front of scouts. He aslo had some other strong games but his body of work was meh. He was drafted on potential, which I totally understand. I mean, he basically was playing for Ohio State when he was in there.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Except Lindell was not projected top 20 at the end of his freshman year- if he was he would have went. IIRC he was slotted early 2nd rd and came back to bump that up into the 1st. Unfortunately, we know how that turned out.

Fair enough, I just remember chatter at one time he had graded at like the 18 spot or so (but obviously got info that directed him back to try to improve stock)...and, my guess, is had he returned this year would have been drafted higher.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I don’t know what it is but the term “slotting” just seems really weird and out of place everywhere.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
He played great against Illinois in front of scouts. He aslo had some other strong games but his body of work was meh. He was drafted on potential, which I totally understand. I mean, he basically was playing for Ohio State when he was in there.

IMO he was projected higher because people were still holding out hope he could eventually develop as a PG but he proved himself to be an undersized 2 guard, that's a tough gig to find in the NBA.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
IMO he was projected higher because people were still holding out hope he could eventually develop as a PG but he proved himself to be an undersized 2 guard, that's a tough gig to find in the NBA.
I don't believe that this is correct.

Edit: I thought you were talking about THT, not Wiggy. You are correct if you were talking about Lindell. My post was talking about THT.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
Haliburton is a stud. He's like a mini-Giannis. Super long and contributes in every category. I'd be excited to draft him in my fantasy keeper league.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Really would think he’s showing stuff to move up draft boards with the finishes at the rim and that pull up jumper that was actually pretty smooth.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Sam Vecenie is the Athletics NBA draft expert and is 100% accurate on the assessment.

@Sam_Vecenie I’m pretty sure that there is no player in CBB I enjoy watching more than Tyrese Haliburton. ISU giving him the keys this year has just been super fun.

His NBA prospects are super tough to figure out, but man. Just the most fun dude.

cycjob

Oct 10, 2014
I personally have this weird feeling that TH will come back for his Junior season. Not that I don't think he'll be regarded as highly, but I think we fail to meet the threshold he wants to this season(team wise) and has a want to come back and leave his jersey in a better place to use someone elses words..
If he is a solid first rounder it seems unlikely that he would come back, but it would be fun to see him play for a year with both Conditt and Foster. It will be the first time in my life that the Cyclones won't be undersized. Having an elite point guard with twin towers would be very interesting.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
If he is a solid first rounder it seems unlikely that he would come back, but it would be fun to see him play for a year with both Conditt and Foster. It will be the first time in my life that the Cyclones won't be undersized. Having an elite point guard with twin towers would be very interesting.
Yeah, and really I think he should bolt if he is projected in the mid-to-top half of the 1st round. Get your money kid. But if there is a player/personality that would stick it out one more year to play with Conditt and Rasir, and apparently has a good relationship with XF, Hali would be the guy to stay.

I wasn't meaning to say it's set in stone he is staying, or even saying he should come back, but rather it wouldn't shock me if he did.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Yeah, and really I think he should bolt if he is projected in the mid-to-top half of the 1st round. Get your money kid. But if there is a player/personality that would stick it out one more year to play with Conditt and Rasir, and apparently has a good relationship with XF, Hali would be the guy to stay.

I wasn't meaning to say it's set in stone he is staying, or even saying he should come back, but rather it wouldn't shock me if he did.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm rooting for him to go. I know it would hurt ISU, but he seems like such a good kid that I want him in the league making money. Other players in the past, I was trying to come up with reasons why they should stay one more year. But TH, I don't feel that way for whatever reason.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I'm not saying it should keep him out of the lottery because he is so good at all other facets of the game, but I still think he is going to have a real hard time getting his shot off in the NBA without speeding it up.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Maybe it's just me, but I'm rooting for him to go. I know it would hurt ISU, but he seems like such a good kid that I want him in the league making money. Other players in the past, I was trying to come up with reasons why they should stay one more year. But TH, I don't feel that way for whatever reason.
Might be because he has been a tried and true Cyclone from the moment he signed his NLI. He embodies what our fan base wants in their players. Talented, humble, passionate, and loves to be a Cyclone. He oozes all those things, and it's almost impossible to not like him as a person from afar.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I'm not saying it should keep him out of the lottery because he is so good at all other facets of the game, but I still think he is going to have a real hard time getting his shot off in the NBA without speeding it up.
He'll revert back to a pass first, shoot second PG in the league, unless he continues completely light it up this season and that mentality in his head changes. I think he will always want to be a pass first PG

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
A young Shaun Livingston without the injury, and at least a capable 3 point shot that he can get off when wide open.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman