***Official ISU Bowl Predictions***

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
As much as I want ND, just winning a freaking game to end the year is pretty important.

This is why I want Mississippi State in the Texas Bowl, who is maybe the worst team we could plausibly face, and is an SEC team to boot, who we'd also play in my most preferred bowl city: Anywhere But Memphis. (Of course I also want Notre Dame; these are my two top preferences.)

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
We deserve to go to the Liberty Bowl with how we played this season, however, with the way our fanbase is known for traveling combined with JP's ability to sell that fact.... I don't count out the Camping World Bowl or the Texas Bowl.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Not sure how motivated UCF would be playing in Liberty Bowl after being in NY6 Bowls the last 2 years but from an athletic standpoint they would give us all that we would want. They love to throw the go route to believe #13 who is a very good Receiver.

• Agree
Reactions: AlaCyclone

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
As much as I’d like to buy in that we have a shot at Camping World, Ch13 sports last night showed only 2 updated bowl destination possibilities for us- Texas Bowl or Liberty. Would they even put that out there unless they had inside info from ISU??

I wouldn't use any of the local channels as a source. They make **** up just like everyone else.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
These bowl “experts” aren’t digging too deep into these projections. How many people actually think the Alamo Bowl is going to pass on Texas, OSU, or even ISU for K-State? If you go by the rankings, sure. But we all know that’s not how it goes.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
How does Iowa State scheme on Defense play out against the Option with Navy?
Good thing: As has been stated have multiple weeks to prepare for it.

Bad things: Hard to replicate in practice, Defense better get ready to get their legs cut. Also they can 3 and 4 yard you to death and kill you on time of possession.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Good thing: As has been stated have multiple weeks to prepare for it.

Bad things: Hard to replicate in practice, Defense better get ready to get their legs cut. Also they can 3 and 4 yard you to death and kill you on time of possession.

I'm willing to bet Re-Al can give a pretty good scout team option look.

I'd say that Re-Al actually is probably a way better athlete than whatever Navy would trot out.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I wouldn't use any of the local channels as a source. They make **** up just like everyone else.

Oh, I hear ya, but if they were just throwing stuff out there, I wouldn’t think they would just list two destinations. Guess we’ll know soon enough. The KState game was such a downer, including weather. Hoping for Orlando or Texas.