***Official ISU Bowl Predictions***

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I made a list of some of the predictions of popular talking heads, so we can hold them accountable for their click bait:

2019 Big 12 Bowl Predictions
Name Affiliation Playoffs Sugar Alamo Camping Texas Liberty Cheez-It
Cycsk CF OU BU UT ISU OSU KSU -
Mandel Athletic OU BU UT KSU OSU ISU -
Palm CBS OU BU KSU UT OSU ISU -
Bonagura ESPN OU BU OSU UT KSU ISU -
Schlabach ESPN OU BU KSU UT OSU ISU -
McMurphy Stadium OU BU UT ISU OSU KSU -
Lassan Athlon - OU BU UT OSU KSU ISU
Smith USA Today OU BU OSU UT ISU KSU -
Crawford 247 OU BU KSU UT OSU ISU -

Any others to include? Or more up-to-date info?

Later this afternoon, I will score them with 1 point for each correct prediction.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I made a list of some of the predictions of popular talking heads, so we can hold them accountable for their click bait:

Later this afternoon, I will score them with 1 point for each correct prediction.
You clicked obvious click bait?

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

FWIW, the only person worth any grain of salt is Brett McMurphy who has contact with numerous bowl reps. The rest are no different than everyone on this site.

Even with the contacts, it’s hard to get things 100% right because a CFP/NY6 or other surprise will send ripples throughout the whole selection.

Reactions: CyTwins

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
FWIW, the only person worth any grain of salt is Brett McMurphy who has contact with numerous bowl reps. The rest are no different than everyone on this site.

Even with the contacts, it’s hard to get things 100% right because a CFP/NY6 or other surprise will send ripples throughout the whole selection.

Plus when it gets down to the mid-level or lower-level bowls, I think most of the predictions are based purely on conference standings.

I'd have to go back, but I'm guessing that very few had us predicted to Alamo last year. (I KNOW very few of CF posters had us to Alamo after the Drake game.)

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
You guys better prepare mentally for the big letdown of Iowa State vs. a group of 5 team in the Liberty Bowl.

already planning on it. I’ll be very surprised if it isn’t the case

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Hopefully Alamo takes Texas and then we might have a decent shot at Orlando. I have faith that Jamie has been "working" the Orlando Bowl people this season better than KSU or Ok State has. If Texas gets down to Orlando to pick just think them vs ND is too big of a "name game" for them to pass up.​

• Agree
Reactions: chuckd4735

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
My final prediction:

If the Alamo Bowl takes Texas, we're going to the Camping World Bowl. If they don't take Texas, we're going to the Texas Bowl. We will not be available for the Liberty Bowl.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Hopefully Alamo takes Texas and then we might have a decent shot at Orlando. I have faith that Jamie has been "working" the Orlando Bowl people this season better than KSU or Ok State has. If Texas gets down to Orlando to pick just think them vs ND is too big of a "name game" for them to pass up.​
This is a big thing that people are not factoring in. Pollard knows what he is doing. The last two years he has positioned Iowa State to be chosen for a bowl game over other schools with promises that our fan base would respond. Thankfully, our fan base has backed up those promises. I trust that JP has spent all weekend politicking, and it will pay off today.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You guys better prepare mentally for the big letdown of Iowa State vs. a group of 5 team in the Liberty Bowl.

Outside of it being a repeatish type of thing I don't know why anyone would be surprised at this placement.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
As much as I’d like to buy in that we have a shot at Camping World, Ch13 sports last night showed only 2 updated bowl destination possibilities for us- Texas Bowl or Liberty. Would they even put that out there unless they had inside info from ISU??

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

BadBoi

Nov 25, 2015
Yep hearing Liberty Bowl vs. UCF. Not crazy pumped about it, but as far as group of five schools go it could certainly be worse.

• Agree
Reactions: LindenCy

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Here is what SP+ (Bill Connolly's metric) would predict for lines in ISU games against opponents that are being floated. - means ISU is favored by the amount, + means ISU is the underdog.

+4 vs. Notre Dame (Camping World)

-8.5 vs. Mississippi State (Texas)
-4 vs. Tennessee (Texas)
+1.5 vs. Texas A&M (Texas)

-7.5 vs. SMU (Liberty)
-5 vs. Navy (Liberty)
+5 vs. UCF (Liberty)

UCF in the Liberty Bowl is a worst case scenario in my opinion.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: cygrads and CTTB78

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron