***Official ISU Bowl Predictions***

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Georgia had some good wins, but are clearly overrated. You would think losing at home to crappy SC team at home would have been factored in, but the SEC ball lickers kept them up.

Wish someone with the power would make the SEC play nine conference games. The committee needs to start punishing SEC if they schedule less than 10 P5 schools.

Last edited:

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Why wouldn’t we be playing an SEC team? Serious question.

There are only 9 eligible SEC teams. 3 of them will probably be in CFP/NY6 (Playoff, Sugar, Orange). Another will be in the Citrus. That leaves 5 teams for 6 spots. Of those 6 spots, one has a secondary contract (Liberty) to outsource an SEC spot to the American.

Althetuna

Ducky was the best dog.
SuperFanatic
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere in the Minneapolis Area
Georgia had some good wins, but are clearly overrated. You would think losing at home to crappy SC team at home would have been factored in, but the SEC ball kickers kept them up.

Wish someone with the power would make the SEC play nine conference games. The committee needs to start punishing SEC if they schedule less than 10 P5 schools.

Amazing how a one letter typo can completely change the meaning of a sentence.(BTW.....ouch)

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
Yeah, there's no question who the playoff teams are now. The only drama will be in the seeding, and assuming OSU wins, that's not really going to be very dramatic, either.
In reality, the CFP is going to be 1 seed, 2 seed, 3 seed, and toast.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Things are falling pretty good for Big 12 right now. I think with the Cincy loss, KSU is going to sneak in top 25 as Cincy will fall out. Either KSU or OSU will represent Big 12 in Alamo Bowl because of the ranked matchup streak that bowl loves. Texas goes to Camping vs. ND. I would love it if OSU got picked for here because Texas bowl will not take the Horns. The matchup would be against A&M and that ain't happening.

I sure hope it is Okie St to Alamo or Camping otherwise ISU will be in Memphis since OSU was there last season. Basically it is Liberty or Texas Bowl for ISU at this point.

• Agree
Reactions: cygrads

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
Things are falling pretty good for Big 12 right now. I think with the Cincy loss, KSU is going to sneak in top 25 as Cincy will fall out. Either KSU or OSU will represent Big 12 in Alamo Bowl because of the ranked matchup streak that bowl loves. Texas goes to Camping vs. ND. I would love it if OSU got picked for here because Texas bowl will not take the Horns. The matchup would be against A&M and that ain't happening.

I sure hope it is Okie St to Alamo or Camping otherwise ISU will be in Memphis since OSU was there last season. Basically it is Liberty or Texas Bowl for ISU at this point.
I think our hope for Texas Bowl is it comes down to us and Kstate...they just played A&M in the same bowl 2 yrs ago

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Why do people think this? Texas bowl doesn’t give two craps about who the Liberty bowl wants.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Sure the Alamo loves ranked teams. But America loves names, like Texas. It’s also possible to get more people to travel from Texas to Texas, than any other state to Texas. Texas can still get other out of state Texas fans, to Texas.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Sure the Alamo loves ranked teams. But America loves names, like Texas. It’s also possible to get more people to travel from Texas to Texas, than any other state to Texas. Texas can still get other out of state Texas fans, to Texas.
And Texas is a HUGE state with Longhorn fans in every corner. Texas vs. USC sounds like a great Alamo Bowl to me!

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Georgia had some good wins, but are clearly overrated. You would think losing at home to crappy SC team at home would have been factored in, but the SEC ball lickers kept them up.

Many teams look over-rated playing a team like LSU. I don't think they were the 4th best team in the country, but they are a top 10ish type team. Still 11-2 and SEC East Champs with some nice wins on their resume: Notre Dame (10-2), Auburn (9-3) and Florida (10-2). The South Carolina (4-8) loss was baffling (I watched the whole game), but crap like that happens from time to time. I assume they will play Baylor (11-2) in the Sugar, which should be a good gauge of how good they are. They were handled by LSU (13-0) and probably relish the chance to get back up and dust themselves off just like Baylor (11-2) after a tough loss. No fan of Georgia, but they don't need to apologize to anybody about their season or ranking. fyi: Georgia has played 11 P5 Teams (9 SEC, 1 ACC and ND) out of their 13 games this year.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA

OSU could move up the rankings from 25 and K-state may move in so the conference could end up with 4 teams ranked. Hard to tell if OSU having an injured QB and WR and top RB that may pass because he's going to NFL if that impacts their choice.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
OSU could move up the rankings from 25 and K-state may move in so the conference could end up with 4 teams ranked. Hard to tell if OSU having an injured QB and WR and top RB that may pass because he's going to NFL if that impacts their choice.
If Chuba is sitting out, Oklahoma State should be moved to the bottom of the pecking order by the Bowls! Nobody wants a half-assed team, and why would the fans go to see their Cowboys play without their best player?

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
UT brings economic impact everywhere for football. It may be a day-trip for some, but Texa$ will bring plenty of fan$ to San Antonio.
I think it's debatable and I think that is why the Alamo bowl is still trying to figure out if they want Texas. Will Texas bring in more revenue with much of the fanbase making it a day trip vs K-state/ OSU bringing fans staying multiple nights. I'm sure they have spreadsheets with estimates trying to make the best decision for San Antonio.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
Memphis win keeps the Tigers from playing in the Liberty. It sounds like they want to keep Cincinnati from playing 3 straight games in Memphis so it will be Navy or SMU.
either team would be a good game and have some interest at least being a service academy and a team that was drawing some news for being undefeated for most of the season..

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron