The Mandalorian (with Spoilers)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Not Mandalorian related, but a new Star Wars show was just announced for Disney+:

Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge, an exciting new Disney+ game show set in a galaxy far, far away, will test young contestants’ abilities in the core Jedi principles of strength, knowledge, and bravery as they face thrilling and fun obstacles in an attempt to achieve the rank of Jedi Knight! From lightsabers to hyperspace, the Force, and the dark side, Jedi Temple Challenge transports viewers and contestants into the Star Wars galaxy like never before.

The show is hosted by Ahmed Best, who will play a Jedi Master and mentor to the contestants. Known to many fans as Jar Jar Binks from the Star Wars prequels,
“This is definitely a kids game show like no other,” says Lucasfilm’s senior director of Online Content & Programming, Mickey Capoferri. “The various challenges will test a Padawan’s connection to the Force in three locations — a forest planet, on board a Jedi star cruiser, and inside a Jedi temple — immersing them and the audience in a fun, humorous, and exciting competition.”
https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-jedi-temple-challenge

Sounds like the old gameshows on Nickelodeon.

Double Dare in the Star Wars Universe.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Episode 5 - Visit to Mos Eisley!

Didn't learn a whole lot of new info (other than Tuscan Raiders know sign language), but got some adorable baby Yoda footage!

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I don't see how they could bring back Palatine in the Mandalorian without his involvement with Ep VII or VIII. Then again, same goes for baby Yoda. Is he destined to die since we do not see him in the movies?

It's a big galaxy. He'd still be basically a baby or little kid during VII-IX anyway. 50 now vs 75 then.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
This episode was great. Loved it. Lots of inside star wars jokes especially from Bill Burr (stormtrooper jab). Great cast in general with Clancy Brown and Richard Ayoade.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I thought this episode was great. Filoni and the other directors in the xwings at the end was pretty funny. Everyone with this show seems to be having a lot of fun with it.

The last two episode have to move the story along. I've enjoyed the last 3 a lot, but the last 2 especially baby Yoda is a background piece. They need to do something with him, just not sure what. They can't have mando taking this baby everywhere he goes for the whole show. Problem is people are going to freak out when baby yoda is no longer a main part of the show.

I still wonder if the episode releasing the day before TROS will have some kind of tie in to the movie. Maybe teenage yoda will play a big part in the movie! A real angsty 80 year old.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
My guess is Moff Gideon will be the tie in. He has to be the feet we saw following Mando. Moff Gideon most likely has a large fleet of imperial ships that he commands. I assume some of his fleet is what we saw in the trailers for Rise. I can’t imagine it will be a huge tie in but will be a nice ah ha moment.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
My guess is Moff Gideon will be the tie in. He has to be the feet we saw following Mando. Moff Gideon most likely has a large fleet of imperial ships that he commands. I assume some of his fleet is what we saw in the trailers for Rise. I can’t imagine it will be a huge tie in but will be a nice ah ha moment.
I wouldn't say those feet have to be Moff Gideon by a long shot. The jingling spurs are pretty hard to ignore. It's either Boba Fett or Filoni and Favreau are seriously f*cking with Star Wars fans.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I give the guy credit for hanging in there. It hasn't been easy for him.

Few people have ever been rick rolled by life like he and Jake Lloyd.

I'm sure the residual checks have a soothing effect, though.