All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Serious question.

I read the Iowa basketball boards during foster’s recruitment, and the DePaul game cause it was funny.

but I haven’t looked over there since. Not even for what I’m sure was an epic thread after Campbell’s contract extension.

So what’s the fascination with being on a board of a team you don’t care about. It would be like me being on the UTSA forums.

how small and insecure do you have to be to think this is a goal to pursue?
I care a lot about ISU, they're our main rival. Where have I said otherwise? I stopped posting on here not long after our game and once conference play started up, checked back in for one post during they bye week (lolz), and decided to stop back by waiting for bowl game talk.

Big lol on the not being over on HR since. It's almost as believable as Twins saying he doesn't post on HR.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I care a lot about ISU, they're our main rival. Where have I said otherwise? I stopped posting on here not long after our game and once conference play started up, checked back in for one post during they bye week (lolz), and decided to stop back by waiting for bowl game talk.

Big lol on the not being over on HR since. It's almost as believable as Twins saying he doesn't post on HR.

What's my username on HR if you think I post over there? I swear on my children (yes they are real) and my Xavier Foster source I don't post there

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Never said there wasn't. The thing is though, a lot of the Iowa fans on here talk defense defense defense (only in football threads), rarely want to talk offense, and when they talk defense its based upon that NCAA site that goes by total yards.
It's why I've mentioned yards per play:
WV is better than any team Iowa will play all year including a bowl game.
And don't come back with the defense talk because they give up less yards per play than Wisky, NW, Purdue, Indiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Illinois...
WV, yes that WV, gives up less yards per play than Wisconsin, NW, Ohio State, Minnesota, Indiana, Rutgers, Purdue, Nebraska, and Illinois.

Your defense shtick is old and tired. We get that you love to talk about it but damn get some new material.
I'm sure I haven't always been consistent with that but not too many bring it up.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
beetlejuice.gif
See, this is the Lemmi I know and like.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
If I posted on any other site I would have one account there and it would be CyTwins. I have a brand to protect
Sorry, VP walked by and had to look busy.

giphy.gif

I honestly want to believe you. I do. But:
A) I know you get a lot of your "my Hawkeye friends say" material from HR threads. Like, a lot of it.
B) That if I tag you in a comment you in a comment I can get a response in 3 minutes, tops.

I just don't see you passing up that opportunity. Because, well, you're good at what you do. I will say, I think you have more Cyclone handles over there than Hawk ones.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

giphy.gif

A) I know you get a lot of your "my Hawkeye friends say" material from HR threads. Like, a lot of it.
B) That if I tag you in a comment you in a comment I can get a response in 3 minutes, tops.

I just don't see you passing up that opportunity. Because, well, you're good at what you do. I will say, I think you have more Cyclone handles over there than Hawk ones.
I can't get over the fact that she typed sex

Reactions: Lemmiwinks

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

giphy.gif

My Hawkeye friends are the ones that are sourced in all things Iowa and give me info well before anyone on HR knows about it. I rarely even lurk over there and haven't probably since the DePaul loss

I legit don't post over there, never have never will. I spend way too much time over here and surprisingly I'm not unemployed

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
That was directed towards CyTwins and his ridiculous narrative that the game is more important to one side than the other. I think it's an equally important game to each team and fanbase. I think it's a disservice to both of our coaches and teams to think that they don't put their best effort forward every game/week. I understand it doesn't carry the weight of a conference game but that's beside the point. Would I trade the ISU win for a win over Wisc. for the Hawks? Absolutely. But we don't get to really choose those things.
This is incredibly awkward. Not sure what to do here...with you being all reasonable and shiz I don't know what really to type except-well articulated.

• Funny
Reactions: JP4CY