All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Then why do you keep bringing it up?

Your own words:

What you are describing here is an application of the transitive property; observing the results from one set of data and applying to a different set of data.
No it's not. There is a reason nobody is backing you up here. Did you accidentally quote the wrong posts instead of the ones that show me using it? Forming an opinion of two teams after watching 5-12 games for each of them to see how players preform and what strengths/weakness a team has isn't using the transitive property.

Saying Ohio State would kick Iowa's ass because they kicked Wisconsin's ass is using the transitive property. Saying Ohio State would kick Iowa's ass after watching a season's worth of football is not.

Just stop.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
No it's not. There is a reason nobody is backing you up here. Did you accidentally quote the wrong posts instead of the ones that show me using it? Forming an opinion of two teams after watching 5-12 games for each of them to see how players preform and what strengths/weakness a team has isn't using the transitive property.

Saying Ohio State would kick Iowa's ass because they kicked Wisconsin's ass is using the transitive property. Saying Ohio State would kick Iowa's ass after watching a season's worth of football is not.

Just stop.
You are the one who started this.
Why don't you stop posting here, no one backs you up on anything, besides other trolls.

We both, ok maybe just me understand that if you apply the same logic you are using, you'd say the same thing about ISU not losing to UNI this year. Oh wait... They didn't...

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm worried that the Cyclones might take the CyHawk game seriously again at some point and actually think that it's important to win.
I'm worried too.. I can't imagine the pettiness and insecurity that some Iowa fans will have if we actually win the CyHawk. It's terrible now and would be incredibly worse.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
You are the one who started this.
Why don't you stop posting here, no one backs you up on anything, besides other trolls.

We both, ok maybe just me understand that if you apply the same logic you are using, you'd say the same thing about ISU not losing to UNI this year. Oh wait... They didn't...
source.gif

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I'm worried too.. I can't imagine the pettiness and insecurity that some Iowa fans will have if we actually win the CyHawk. It's terrible now and would be incredibly worse.
That was directed towards CyTwins and his ridiculous narrative that the game is more important to one side than the other. I think it's an equally important game to each team and fanbase. I think it's a disservice to both of our coaches and teams to think that they don't put their best effort forward every game/week. I understand it doesn't carry the weight of a conference game but that's beside the point. Would I trade the ISU win for a win over Wisc. for the Hawks? Absolutely. But we don't get to really choose those things.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
That was directed towards CyTwins and his ridiculous narrative that the game is more important to one side than the other. I think it's an equally important game to each team and fanbase. I think it's a disservice to both of our coaches and teams to think that they don't put their best effort forward every game/week. I understand it doesn't carry the weight of a conference game but that's beside the point. Would I trade the ISU win for a win over Wisc. for the Hawks? Absolutely. But we don't get to really choose those things.
I concur. I love the game and the only thing I hate about the rivalry are the dumb fans that take it way too far. That's not directed at Twins it's the people who are on Twitter and literally get angry and project their hate onto everyone else.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

Serious question.

I read the Iowa basketball boards during foster’s recruitment, and the DePaul game cause it was funny.

but I haven’t looked over there since. Not even for what I’m sure was an epic thread after Campbell’s contract extension.

So what’s the fascination with being on a board of a team you don’t care about. It would be like me being on the UTSA forums.

how small and insecure do you have to be to think this is a goal to pursue?

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Cytwins is just trolling on that. Losing to Iowa this year literally pained me to point of feeling sick. I feel like like rational Iowa fans would agree that Iowa State LOOKED like the better team that day but just couldn't get out of it's own way to make any type of run. I also think rational iowa fans would say they were thankful Purdy didn't get a chance at the end with the ball because he would have drove right down the field and scored. However, our special teams was absolutely garbage all year and it cost us more than 1 game.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Cytwins is just trolling on that. Losing to Iowa this year literally pained me to point of feeling sick. I feel like like rational Iowa fans would agree that Iowa State LOOKED like the better team that day but just couldn't get out of it's own way to make any type of run. I also think rational iowa fans would say they were thankful Purdy didn't get a chance at the end with the ball because he would have drove right down the field and scored. However, our special teams was absolutely garbage all year and it cost us more than 1 game.

I should take him off of time-out. It's been a while. Hopefully he's bringing something new to the table.

• Funny
Reactions: Hawkmi

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
There are numerous Iowa fans on here that do....LOL.
And some ISU fans....

For sure. Really surprised they weren't very effective against the defensive backfield playing a soft zone.

They threw for 327 yards...

LOL, and netted 17 points. I mean, isn't that the goal of a "bend but don't break" defense? Do you get awarded extra points for anything over 250 that I'm not aware of? You're better than this.

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/all-iowa-football-team-post-bowl-edition.235182/page-477