I predict Pollard will seize the moment and Extend Campbell...

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
What's funny is if ISU somehow pulls that game out last night, this thread doesn't exist.

It was a bad loss but it's interesting what a loss does.

I would have still made the thread as I’ve been expecting as much with the various rumors out there, but it would have had a different tone.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Tonite, we kick straight away to the league's leading KO returner. No other strategy considered. In fact, no other options looked at all season for potential turn overs. Other season long special team debacles are well documented on CF. No coaching accountability.

How on god's great earth do you have any idea that there is no coaching accountability?

Stupid, stupid fans.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Tonite, we kick straight away to the league's leading KO returner. No other strategy considered. In fact, no other options looked at all season for potential turn overs. Other season long special team debacles are well documented on CF. No coaching accountability.
That doesn't mean he didn't take accountability. Did you consider maybe the kicker wasn't supposed to kick it to him? I agree ST were hot garbage this year but I don't see your claim of Campbell skating his duties.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
That doesn't mean he didn't take accountability. Did you consider maybe the kicker wasn't supposed to kick it to him? I agree ST were hot garbage this year but I don't see your claim of Campbell skating his duties.

I kicked off in high school. Was told to skip the ball down the field. Other team moved a guy over and I pulled my head and kicked the tee instead and the ball went 8-9 yards. Coach was not unaccountable there, I just screwed up, it happens. I wasn’t pulled from it either because I was the by far best option we had.

Sometimes the ball goes where you didn’t plan it to go.

abd4cy

Jul 16, 2010
Phoenix
Some people seem to think building a program looks like this:
3-9
5-7
6-7
7-6
8-5
9-4
10-3
11-2
12-1
13-0

When in fact it looks like this:

3-9
8-5
8-5
7-5 (bowl game to go)
9-4
7-6
8-5
11-2

Success isnt linear, there are peaks and valleys. We all want the same thing. It will take time, and the only way to get where we want is by continuity.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
We were not outclassed in any game we played this year, or the year before, or the year before. We will never out talent our entire schedule so the formula to 10+ wins and conference championships is recruit enough talent to be competitive and deep, have enough coaching and scheme to put our players in the right positions, and win in the margins. The gap between 7 and 10+ wins is extremely small. As long as we have Campbell I believe we'll get there.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
So, ISU was favored in 11 games this season. Iowa ended up being favored at game time but ISU was favored all preseason and season until game week.

ISU won 7 games.

While I think Matt Campbell is a great coach, this year was actually a bit of a disappointment.

Some times the offensive schemes just made me shake my head. UNI was trying to be bland but almost cost us the game. I think OSU was set up to make Brock get Heisman hype and it cost us the game.

The better question is when did we ever have talent assembled such that Vegas favored us in 83% of our ganes.

• Winner
Reactions: Jerms and CyTwins

CYber_saber

Mar 2, 2017
I don't know about Campbell's raise but we need to hire goddamn new O-line and special teams coach

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
For those that don't think he needs a raise, go to the message boards for any power 5 school with an opening CMC is towards the top of their lists.

An extension and raise for the coach and the staff is appropriate. Jamie and Matt's wife can figure it out, I am not sure Matt pays much attention to the money.

I think the past two years JP and his wife have gone over to the Campbell's for breakfast the day after the season ends and figured it out.

I don't think JP is going to let other schools think they have a chance.

BTW, the Arkansas 247 board was claiming that their AD was getting ready to offer over $5 million to someone, and that Campbell was on the top of the list.

Well good thing CMC's buyout is $6M.

Reactions: GBClone

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Ok let’s settle a few issues:
CMC specifically has a “if Jamie leaves” clause in his contract for a reason.
CMC does not have an agent (as of last year). So if any school wants to reach out, they have to ask Jamie for permission. So until he has an agent, Jamie should, should is the key word, know who and when other schools are interested.
CMC and Jamie are deferring some of CMC’s salary to an annuity that he can’t touch until his 60s.
People on this board watch flight tracker religiously. Tying two and two together for where a plane is from/going would take this board no time.
We are still working on stadium and facilities improvements and that is half the battle some times.

With that and more that I’m sure I didn’t say, Jamie will know if CMC needs an extension. It would not surprise me or make me mad if he got one. He’s waaaaaaaay more deserving of Scott Frost getting one.

That’s a (smart) move to defer taxes, but doesn’t really have impact on how long he’ll stay. I think everything else is spot on, though.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
3 winning seasons in a row for the 2nd time ever with a young team.

College Gameday in Ames, and loving it.

Big crowds before Thanksgiving week.

Multiple players in the NFL...likely more on the roster.

Players on national award lists.

So overall momentum, which I agree it's there. However, this season did not help momentum, which is my point.

“Seize the moment” was the phrasing. The moment being an opportunity to bring some positive news following an ugly last game of the regular season before bowl selections are made.

Thanks for getting in your negativity though.

I read it wrong, my apologies.