I predict Pollard will seize the moment and Extend Campbell...

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Anyone ******** about the state of ISU football program is a goddamn idiot. You have every right to be disappointed, just like I'm, but this program has dramatically changed in the last 3-years for the better. This team will have a shot at the Big12 title next year and NYE bowl.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
We need to keep this staff at all costs....I'm not ready to take a step backwards. Anyone thinking differently us crazy! Sure the defense wasn't up to par at times, but that happens. This staff knows that! My only issue with this team is our special teams. They were absolutely dreadful. I'm not sure why we don't utilize the high, short kick more because our kickers can not kick it out of the end zone. Make an upback field it! But again, pay this staff and keep them in tack!
Campbell refuses to take responsibility for special teams.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Some people will always be satisfied with being in the middle of the pack, and playing in the Liberty Bowl in the rain. God bless you.

i'm not satisfied but i can look at our history and see the reality of the current situation. ISU football is currently in its best state EVER!!

The same people complaining about only winning 7 games and wanting coaches fired are doing the same thing Nebraska's fans did, that we made fun of.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Some people will always be satisfied with being in the middle of the pack, and playing in the Liberty Bowl in the rain. God bless you.
Is it something other than the basement of the conference? Ok, sign me up. We all like to have a laugh at Kansas' expense. We aren't far removed from being the cellar dweller. Our entire history is being the cellar dweller. It's nice for it to not be some shocking upset when someone comes into Ames and gets beat.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
Is it something other than the basement of the conference? Ok, sign me up. We all like to have a laugh at Kansas' expense. We aren't far removed from being the cellar dweller. Our entire history is being the cellar dweller. It's nice for it to not be some shocking upset when someone comes into Ames and gets beat.
I am sure you have a point here, somewhere. Help me out.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
I don't think it really ups the buyout.

I’m guessing if they do an extension they will reset the buyout it goes down 1 million each year he goes into the current contract.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Yeah after ISU's futile history I had hoped our fans would avoid acting entitled once we had some success. I guess I'm just a dreamer.
We have had enough success between Rhoads and Campbell that some people are getting spoiled. I don't harp on the past like most of the buzz kills on here because it really doesn't matter. I'm all about the future and I think Matt is our best option.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
i'm not satisfied but i can look at our history and see the reality of the current situation. ISU football is currently in its best state EVER!!

The same people complaining about only winning 7 games and wanting coaches fired are doing the same thing Nebraska's fans did, that we made fun of.

Hold on. It takes a second to work this one up. OK, here we go.

Come on, curt. What do you know about ISU football?

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
And fans of teams with such disadvantages as ISU that pull the "you can settle for mediocrity, I want more" card are clueless. The number of coaches out there that will win big at ISU, agree to come to ISU, and won't jump to a marginally better job at the first opportunity are pretty small. So go ahead and name who that would be.

I think it's hilarious that you think ISU would be better off fishing for a new coach rather than extending the two time conf COY.

Look at the challenges a place like Tennessee had.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
JP knows very well that the next 2-3 years isu and big 12 is at a generational crossroads and JP knows that the absolute Most important thing...by far... is having a winning Fball program. Keeping CMC thru next big 12 TV negotiations is the “Earl Bruce” moment 40 years later.. JP has said as much.

I have no clue why anyone would care if cmc got a raise or extension..Every single isu fan should fully support any raise or extension CMC gets..

how many good fball coaches have we not hired bc we simply wouldn’t open the checkbook.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Lots of frustration and disappointment right now (me included) but the only way we should let any coach go is if we can get a better and more proven replacement.

Well now...I would say that the only better and more proven replacement lately has been...now let me see....oh yeah
Matt Campbell.....Mr Three Bowl Games in a Row....GO Cyclones

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Ok let’s settle a few issues:
CMC specifically has a “if Jamie leaves” clause in his contract for a reason.
CMC does not have an agent (as of last year). So if any school wants to reach out, they have to ask Jamie for permission. So until he has an agent, Jamie should, should is the key word, know who and when other schools are interested.
CMC and Jamie are deferring some of CMC’s salary to an annuity that he can’t touch until his 60s.
People on this board watch flight tracker religiously. Tying two and two together for where a plane is from/going would take this board no time.
We are still working on stadium and facilities improvements and that is half the battle some times.

With that and more that I’m sure I didn’t say, Jamie will know if CMC needs an extension. It would not surprise me or make me mad if he got one. He’s waaaaaaaay more deserving of Scott Frost getting one.