I predict Pollard will seize the moment and Extend Campbell...

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
IIRC our "3 and out" percentage was one of the lowest in the country

That's one of those empty statistics though. Most drives start on our side of the 50. We continually sputtered out after crossing the 50. So a lot of those drives without a 3 and out didn't mean ****

• Agree
Reactions: twojman and Trice

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
We scored the most points in school history

Our history is mostly bad. 12 game schedules are a relatively recent thing. The Big 12 style of play is a relatively recent thing. We put up 72 points in a single game. All of that contributes to that stat being a little misleading.

Our offense was pretty good. It was nowhere near being some unstoppable juggernaut.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Our history is mostly bad. 12 game schedules are a relatively recent thing. The Big 12 style of play is a relatively recent thing. We put up 72 points in a single game. All of that contributes to that stat being a little misleading.

Our offense was pretty good. It was nowhere near being some unstoppable juggernaut.

I never said we were some juggernaut but to pretend Manning was bad this year is incredibly stupid IMO

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Nearly 30% of those points came in two games (17% of the games), one game being against an FCS team. And another 16 points came against an FCS team in overtime.

Don't forget being held scoreless for 3 quarters against Baylor! Or the offense disappearing for a lot of the Texas game or getting past the 50 multiple times against UNI and Iowa and coming up empty handed. We did put up 41 on Kansas and 72 or whatever on ULM though so there is that.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I never said we were some juggernaut but to pretend Manning was bad this year is incredibly stupid IMO

I agree with that. I just don't think that "most points in school history" is a real strong defense of Manning, that's all.

Reactions: JBone84

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I agree with that. I just don't think that "most points in school history" is a real strong defense of Manning, that's all.

I mean no matter how bad we are historically it's a pretty big deal. We lost two guys early to the NFL and still put up the most points in the CMC era

Last edited:

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Here's the list to pick from. Who do you want over Manning from Iowa State's recent history:
Steve Loney
Steve Brickey
Barney Cotton
Robert McFarland
Tom Herman
Courtney Messingham
Mark Mangino
Todd Sturdy

At worst, Manning is the 2nd best option there.
I think Manning has done some really good things with the offense. But he also ran some things on offense that made you scratch your head and say wtf are you thinking?

TDclones

Nov 29, 2006
We need to keep this staff at all costs....I'm not ready to take a step backwards. Anyone thinking differently us crazy! Sure the defense wasn't up to par at times, but that happens. This staff knows that! My only issue with this team is our special teams. They were absolutely dreadful. I'm not sure why we don't utilize the high, short kick more because our kickers can not kick it out of the end zone. Make an upback field it! But again, pay this staff and keep them in tack!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron