I predict Pollard will seize the moment and Extend Campbell...

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Need to be proactive and make sure it is clear that we appreciate him and his staff. I’ve been a Cyclone for 45+ years and I had lost hope that we could ever have a football program like what CMC is building.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I predict Jamie Pollard will seize the moment and inject some good news into the fan base following a tough loss to K-State and sign Campbell to an extension. This will help build some additional excitement around our 3rd bowl trip in 3 years. It will be another positive for bowl reps making decisions one week from today.

It will happen this week - perhaps as early as Tuesday.

He better, can’t let football go backwards right now.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
We literally broke like every offensive record in school history this year under him

Have you ever taken a Statistics class? What's the very first thing they teach in every Stats class? There are lies, damn lies, and statistics. Yes, we broke nearly every every offensive record in school history this year - and yet this year when we most needed the offense to perform more often than not it resulted in a 3-and-out, and usually because Manning thought he was the smartest guy in the room. I'll trade every one of those damn records broken this year for timely performance.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
We literally broke like every offensive record in school history this year under him

Have you ever taken a Statistics class? What's the very first thing they teach in every Stats class? There are lies, damn lies, and statistics. Yes, we broke nearly every every offensive record in school history this year - and yet this year when we most needed the offense to perform more often than not it resulted in a 3-and-out, and usually because Manning thought he was the smartest guy in the room. I'll trade every one of those damn records broken this year for timely performance.

Iowa, - 2 TO margin and multiple drives stopped in Iowa Territory
Baylor, ISU did not score in the first 3 quarters
OSU, 3 ints 4th qtr while defense gave up 3 points in the 2nd half. The offense gave up more points than the defense in the 2nd half!
OU, gave up a lot of points but it is OU
KSU, offense was beyond awful.
Bonus below!
vs. UNI the offense was terrible and offense vs. Texas disappeared for a good chunk of the game.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

IIRC our "3 and out" percentage was one of the lowest in the country

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa, - 2 TO margin and multiple drives stopped in Iowa Territory
Baylor, ISU did not score in the first 3 quarters
OSU, 3 ints 4th qtr while defense gave up 3 points in the 2nd half. The offense gave up more points than the defense in the 2nd half!
OU, gave up a lot of points but it is OU
KSU, offense was beyond awful.
Bonus below!
vs. UNI the offense was terrible and offense vs. Texas disappeared for a good chunk of the game.

If anything I think our offense took a huge step forward this year while our defense took a slight step back. Special teams was just awful

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
So, ISU was favored in 11 games this season. Iowa ended up being favored at game time but ISU was favored all preseason and season until game week.

ISU won 7 games.

While I think Matt Campbell is a great coach, this year was actually a bit of a disappointment.

Some times the offensive schemes just made me shake my head. UNI was trying to be bland but almost cost us the game. I think OSU was set up to make Brock get Heisman hype and it cost us the game.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So, ISU was favored in 11 games this season. Iowa ended up being favored at game time but ISU was favored all preseason and season until game week.

ISU won 7 games.

While I think Matt Campbell is a great coach, this year was actually a bit of a disappointment.

Some times the offensive schemes just made me shake my head. UNI was trying to be bland but almost cost us the game. I think OSU was set up to make Brock get Heisman hype and it cost us the game.

We weren't favored vs Iowa or Oklahoma

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
IIRC our "3 and out" percentage was one of the lowest in the country

I also believe that is correct, but the operative phrase there was "when we most needed the offense to perform." Obviously that is highly subjective and people can argue about it all day, but I think most would agree the offense disappeared at some really unfortunate times.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I also believe that is correct, but the operative phrase there was "when we most needed the offense to perform." Obviously that is highly subjective and people can argue about it all day, but I think most would agree the offense disappeared at some really unfortunate times.

People remember the bad times and not the good ones. We had some serious clutch offensive drives this year

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
We were like...15th in the country in fewest three and outs.

Should we shitcan Heacock too since the defense took a step back this year? Defense was given the lead and blew it against Iowa. Defense was given the lead and blew it in Waco. Defense gave up 3 50+ yard TDs against OSU on its own field. Defense buried the offense in Norman. Defense was awful against Kansas.

I'd love to hear what offense ISU has had recently that you would have rather had than this one. It's really easy to cherry pick things to fit your narrative, as shown above.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Coach seems to be a key part of the new entertainment complex

Throw money at him. Give him space to have a bar and grill. I'll pay $15 for a Campbellburger plus $7 beers.

Matt is our guy. Do everything possible to keep him

This should be a no brainer. Keep all of the coaches. Keep them happy. Make them want to stay.

If money is any sort of determining factor for him leaving, then Jamie has failed.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron