*** Official #23 IOWA STATE VS Kansas State Game(Day) Thread ***

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I mean, you guys didn't expect a different outcome playing down there, did you? I wasn't excited for this game at all....in fact, I was dreading it. Opted to just catch up to it on DVR and watch other games for a while rather than watching live like I do practically all other games.

K-State just has our number. We pretty much always play like **** against them, and yes, I know all of the games over the past 10+ years have been close, but we just kill ourselves with penalties and stupid play calls all game long against them. Every time. We finally made a few plays last year but had to scratch and claw that win out against a clearly inferior team, while we were at home. And although K-State is once again inferior this year, if you didn't know we'd go down there and lose.....well, you haven't been watching ISU football long enough yet.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. The CF staff picking us to win by double digits were out of their mind.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
Either the perceived level of talent is not what we collectively believe or this team underachieved. I honestly think with this senior laden offensive line, this was a disappointing season. We didn't "prove it". Special teams are deficient in strategy and our highly ranked kicker can't even put the ball into the endzone on kickoffs, not to mention our return game is an after thought.

My criticism of Manning is he thinks he needs to out scheme everyone. It sometimes works and creates easy touchdowns, but at other times he just looks stupid trying to be cute with the short yardage play calls.

Until this offensive line can run block more consistently, this team will hover around the 7 win mark and lose close games more often then not, especially if you factor in below average special teams play.
Agreed. Until we can shore up special teams and have anywhere near a consistent run game this is our ceiling with Purdy as QB. This is especially true if they continue to not allow him to run at all.

• Agree
Reactions: 83cy and isufanz1

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Yep,
So this is ISU you are talking about when was the last time ISU had 3 winning seasons in a row?

How many coaches have been canned in the last few days? You know hard it is to find a guy to win freaking games

The fact is ISU has been one of the worse programs in college football.

Again I ask you who has established any kind of winning culture at ISU?
Why are you angry? I'm saying that they ISU has the ability to get just as good of a Staff or better if MC leaves.

• Dislike
Reactions: Icky_Mettle

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Do you think the young men who are actually playing the game dont want to give that to every ISU fan? Do you think they lose on purpose or dont care?

You're a fan you get to enjoy the good times and you should absorb the bad times and support your team no matter what.

If you deserve more from your massive investment, there are teams that win more consistently, you should look into one of them.

Nice straw man. Again, just don’t spout any BS about how ISU fans don’t deserve better than today. That’s a load of crap.

Nobody is saying the team isn’t trying. So lay off the straw man BS. And you telling Cyclone fans they should find another team if they are unhappy with this game? Go F yourself.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I am of the opinion Campbell is the best thing to happen to Iowa state since Johnny Orr.

He is a young guy though, he is still learning.

First time I really saw one of his teams just not ready and not interested in playing, odd.

Couple guys on d have some film to look at tomorrow, some guys repeatedly out of position, again odd. Manning has a ton to improve on as well. Brock has to stop this back foot throw.

I am not sure losing some guys on the o line is a bad thing. Just some really questionable play there for a long tine.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
So the only person that can have success at ISU is the one currently at ISU?
OK genius, name the coach ISU should hire. Had to be realistic, and preferably someone that isn't going to jump at the first job opportunity that's better.

• Agree
Reactions: HoustonClone

SDClone

Oct 3, 2007
Ankeny, Iowa
KState was bending their ears back most of the game. Why can’t we call a rb screen, draw, quick slants? We did throw two slants to Milton with one going for yards and also one drop, but with the pressure you have to exploit it more. I guess exploiting pressure with those types of plays are not “cute” enough.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
T
what we need, a dumb option for replies. Truth is we were outplayed the entire game, gave up, whatever you want to call it. KSU was ready for a slobberknocker and we apparently didn't read the weather forecast.
Yay a sunshine pumping moron! This team wasn't ready from the get go, which is what you are saying. I said the exact same thing that this was lost before it was even kicked off.

adamwbusch

Dec 8, 2016
All season long I wish it wasn’t against Manning’s religion to run a screen pass. I really don’t understand how every high school coach in the country knows how to counter pressure but we just keep trying to block longer and run deeper routes....unless it is 3rd and long when we throw a 2 yard under route agains zone.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
Anyone on here talking S#*@ about CMC and quite frankly the team is just an internet tough guy.. This team played tough this season and i can remember just 5-6 years ago anyone sitting there would love to have a chance to finish in upper half of the big 12 year in and year out with a chance to get to the big 12 title game. We had more than our fair share of close loses this year but ultimately this team played a good season of football and our worst loss is by 10 pts - seriously.. We were in every game and had a chance to win every game. We shot our foot again tonight over and over... we don't have a ton of penalties - just critical ones!!!!

Good season - not Great.... I can live with 7-5, there's been a lot of teams out east that was supposed to finish 10-2 and finished 7-5 and their fanbase hated the result but enjoyed the bowl game. At some point, the breaks will go our way and we will make that next step!!!!

Good job to our team and coaches... Proud as hell....Mad as hell right now but not at anything other then the result!!!! Now give me another beer and some leftover turkey lol!!!!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This attitude has to stop, we kept saying we were better than Iowa, then Baylor, then OSU and now K-state - we are not better than any of those teams. We a an average team that will go to an average bowl because this team keeps making mistakes, turnovers, penalties etc through the whole season without much improvement.

Yeah one or two of those games makes sense but if one team does what ISU did in all of those games, and one team doesn't do those, and it happens all season, the team that doesn't do those things is better.

• Agree
Reactions: Spanky and cygrads