MSU fans discussing new coach. Campbell on their shortlist. Funny stuff

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Exactly.
Some say FSU isn’t prestigious because of very recent seasons. Well, Bama went through an equally bad stretch, and USC even worse.

That’s also ignoring that success decades ago in a different college football construct, may not be relevant. With the population shift and modern recruiting advantages, FSU is as good as job as any. A Saban quality coach will win titles there.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I recall reading an article about a year ago on how much debt their athletic department was in. Does anyone else recall that?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Didn’t you move?

I spend several months in FL and that is a false portrayal. Given the ridiculous nature of your comments, you didn’t get out much. FAU? Lol.

Florida is #1, and has an inherent advantage due to proximity, but FSU isn’t necessary little bro. Even if it is, it could still survive well enough to be a top football job. Miami is nearly an afterthought in terms of actual fans outside a Miami. It’s closer to being the Drake of Florida, than it is having equitable support. The “startups” have eroded all 3 of the P5’s T-shirt fan support somewhat, but mostly Miami’s, which used to function as “the alternative”.

The major metro areas have large transient populations that support teams from the Midwest and East, too, so it’s different than Iowa.
My residence is in Florida, and no I have never mentioned moving. So as per usual you have some strange fetish to disagree with me compulsively. You're saying that having visited there you're a better judge of how things are over someone who has lived there for over two years? Lastly LOL at Miami being like Drake.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Maybe I'm wrong, but I recall reading an article about a year ago on how much debt their athletic department was in. Does anyone else recall that?
That’s more a function of whether it’s prestigious AD jobs, not CFB jobs imo.

But their reported revenue was $168 million last year. They’re not hurting, if the ability of the booster network to pay $20 million to buy out Taggart wasn’t enough evidence.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
My residence is in Florida, and no I have never mentioned moving. So as per usual you have some strange fetish to disagree with me compulsively. You're saying that having visited there you're a better judge of how things are over someone who has lived there for over two years? Lastly LOL at Miami being like Drake.
I didn’t say I’m just visiting.
Only two years? Yeah, you’ve got a lot to learn.

Have we disagreed in the past? I don’t recall anything other than you being another Cyclone in FL. Don’t take it personally. It’s not you, just your ridiculous assertion about college football in Florida. I get it now, you’re new and haven’t gotten out much.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I didn’t say I’m just visiting.
Only two years? Yeah, you’ve got a lot to learn.

Have we disagreed in the past? I don’t recall anything other than you being another Cyclone in FL. Don’t take it personally. It’s not you, just your ridiculous assertion about college football in Florida. I get it now, you’re new and haven’t gotten out much.
You're a very small person.

'I spend several months in FL' from your own message.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
There’s a lot of talent in the ACC. Dunn was a great player but they’ve had two Heisman winners since he left campus.

CWtoXGc.jpg

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...of-the-acc-has-put-the-orange-bowl-in-a-bind/

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Exactly.
Some say FSU isn’t prestigious because of very recent seasons. Well, Bama went through an equally bad stretch, and USC even worse.

That’s also ignoring that success decades ago in a different college football construct, may not be relevant. With the population shift and modern recruiting advantages, FSU is as good as job as any. A Saban quality coach will win titles there.
You said pre-Saban so I didn't include any national titles after he was hired. So they won in 1992 and he was hired in 2007. I wish Iowa State had the problem of not having a national title for (only) 15 years.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
You're a very small person.

'I spend several months in FL' from your own message.
Yet, you continue to want to make this personal. It’s not. You had a very inaccurate description of fan allegiance in Florida.

Yes, months. You aren’t aware of FL being a common winter home location?

• Dumb
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
You said pre-Saban so I didn't include any national titles after he was hired. So they won in 1992 and he was hired in 2007. I wish Iowa State had the problem of not having a national title for (only) 15 years.
Right, why would we talk about Bama with Saban?

Totally agree. They (Bama and USC) were still prestigious jobs, despite going through many coaches, some of which struggled to win there.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Alabama was still a killer job before Saban. They still had great seasons just had a 15 year dry spell on National Titles thanks to Miami, Nebraska, and Florida State winning most of them.
Not really true. They didn't win National Titles between Stallings and Saban because they weren't all that good. A couple decent years, but were never really in national title contention. Even if you count the vacated wins at the end before Saban came they averaged fewer than 7 wins per year between Stallings and Saban. That covered three coaches I believe (DuBose, Franchione and Shula).

It was certainly a very good job - but it was not like they were in contention for National Titles.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Alabama was on probation a while during that time which made it not great for a coach.

Does not matter. IT's not like it's Minnesota on Probation. IN my opinion Alabama and Texas are the two top jobs in the Country. Maybe throw Ohio State in there. Those two even when down or on probation are still the top jobs in the country with the resources they have, the history, the exposure. It's Texas and Bama and then a minor step down to Ohio State, Oklahoma, USC, and a few others.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
It USED TO BE a good job, now, no its not. The next coach at Arkansas gets a yearly schedule with Alabama, aTm, Auburn, LSU, and Mizzu being one of your two yearly crossover game. AK record vs Mizzu is 1-3.
Same population as Iowa, but the state is being raided by the rest of the SEC. When Arkansas was having success, they could move into Texas to get talent, that ended when aTm moved into the conference. Texas kids that want to play in the SEC will do it at aTm, not Arkansas.

The head coach at Arkansas is nothing more than a sideward move for Campbell, he will not be going there.
It makes you wonder if the people at Arkansas ever consider joining another conference ...

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Does not matter. IT's not like it's Minnesota on Probation. IN my opinion Alabama and Texas are the two top jobs in the Country. Maybe throw Ohio State in there. Those two even when down or on probation are still the top jobs in the country with the resources they have, the history, the exposure. It's Texas and Bama and then a minor step down to Ohio State, Oklahoma, USC, and a few others.
It really makes you wonder just what the hell is going on at Tennessee.

• Agree
Reactions: Drew0311

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Yet, you continue to want to make this personal. It’s not. You had a very inaccurate description of fan allegiance in Florida.

Yes, months. You aren’t aware of FL being a common winter home location?
'Don’t take it personally. It’s not you, just your ridiculous assertion about college football in Florida. I get it now, you’re new and haven’t gotten out much.' Petty and condescending as per usual. Like I said you're a very small person.

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN

Ohio State > Texas