RECRUITING: 2020 RB Miyan Williams deciding tonight

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Little nugget from some OSU recruiting fiends. There’s an RB visiting OSU this weekend for the MSU game. He’s #159 on 247 and #224 overall on composite. #12 RB in the nation I think they said.

They also said Miyan has been a hard guy to get a visit scheduled for.
giphy.gif

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Little nugget from some OSU recruiting fiends. There’s an RB visiting OSU this weekend for the MSU game. He’s #159 on 247 and #224 overall on composite. #12 RB in the nation I think they said.

They also said Miyan has been a hard guy to get a visit scheduled for.
Let's hope Kevontre Bradford really enjoys his visit this weekend and decides to commit. He's an tOSU lean, but he'll need to pull the trigger for tOSU to cool on our boy Miyan.

E.J. Smith is also visiting in a few weeks, but he's a bit more undecided. I also see Drennen fitting in a visit and possibly flipping another guy after some things shake out.

I think Miyan's lack of breakaway speed is an issue for tOSU. His 40 time is 4.74 and that's with his good acceleration. tOSU's backfield is FILLED with speedsters. Even the bigger guys (Mike Weber and Ezekiel Elliot) were in the 4.4s. I just don't see Miyan ever reaching that mark.

That being said, Miyan has been told the offer is commitable right now and they'll honor it if he should commit.

My opinion: DON'T DO IT MIYAN! Master Teague is the future of tOSU big backs for the next two years and by then, they'll have found a couple five stars that the fanbase is begging to see (a la J.K. Dobbins).

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
New Update from Buckeye country. They seem to be focused on higher rated targets now.

Newest: There is a RB committed to Georgia Tech that is blowing up and OSU and Bama are in on him hard now.
With the mix of Gibbs blowing up, Miyan having less production than last year, and it being difficult to get Miyan on a visit, Ohio State is probably cooling on him.

His team is struggling this year and teams are loading the box to stop Miyan. He's a very similar back to Montgomery where one tackler won't be able to take him down, but if there's five dudes, he can't outrun them.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I can only comment that Miyan hasn’t been mentioned in any of the three OSU podcasts I listen to. I think he’s dropping down their list as they keep gaining momentum in recruiting through their results so far this year.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I can only comment that Miyan hasn’t been mentioned in any of the three OSU podcasts I listen to. I think he’s dropping down their list as they keep gaining momentum in recruiting through their results so far this year.
He is visiting for the Penn State game.

However, tOSU is still keeping in contact with Bijan Robinson, a 5 star committed to Texas. As long as Bijan is answering, tOSU will continue to call. He is on the top of their board and will be until he either signs or tells them to stop calling.

• Informative
Reactions: BoxsterCy

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
He is visiting for the Penn State game.

However, tOSU is still keeping in contact with Bijan Robinson, a 5 star committed to Texas. As long as Bijan is answering, tOSU will continue to call. He is on the top of their board and will be until he either signs or tells them to stop calling.
And to be honest, tOSU has a far better OL than UT does—or is going to.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Latest Buckeye side update:

“He’s a different cat, he doesn’t like the process.”

“he likes ISU and the staff”

“He’s going to visit but not on flip watch at this point”

I think his flip is dependent on the GT commits flip. They don’t think that flip is imminent though either.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Latest Buckeye side update:

“He’s a different cat, he doesn’t like the process.”

“he likes ISU and the staff”

“He’s going to visit but not on flip watch at this point”

I think his flip is dependent on the GT commits flip. They don’t think that flip is imminent though either.
I looked up that GT commit. I am assuming we are talking about Jahmyr Gibbs.

Even if he flips it may not be to Ohio State (visiting November 9). He has visited Bama (October 19) and LSU (October 26) since his GT commitment (May 25) and he has an upcoming planned visit to Ole Miss (November 16).

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I looked up that GT commit. I am assuming we are talking about Jahmyr Gibbs.

Even if he flips it may not be to Ohio State (visiting November 9). He has visited Bama (October 19) and LSU (October 26) since his GT commitment (May 25) and he has an upcoming planned visit to Ole Miss (November 16).

Try ramming that home to an Ohio State fan though.

Reactions: Scott34

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Just listened to the latest edition of my Buckeye podcast. The 247 cfb recruiting coordinator was on and he thinks he’s going to flip and that’s not based on a guess.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron