NBA: **Cyclones in the NBA and G-League, 2019-2020

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Good lord, look at THT's assist here:

Last year was so weird but THT was made to basically be what they call a point guard in the NBA these days. Once he gets his handle tightened up and continues to refine his step back and fade away game he will be really valuable. And that’s why you don’t wait and you go, because you don’t get enough games and specialized practice time to refine the kind of skills he has while in college.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Last year was so weird but THT was made to basically be what they call a point guard in the NBA these days. Once he gets his handle tightened up and continues to refine his step back and fade away game he will be really valuable. And that’s why you don’t wait and you go, because you don’t get enough games and specialized practice time to refine the kind of skills he has while in college.
Good points. Writing a research paper isn't going to help your cross-over.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Nader and Burton both had rotation minutes in a loss vs. the Lakers last night, as noted above. DB ended with 4 PTS on 2-2 shooting in 11 minutes. Nader had 10 MIN and 5 PTS on 1-2 3PT and 2-2 3PT, including this textbook catch-and-shoot:

I checked and Nader was shooting under 30% from 3 going into the game.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
it blew my mind a little bit last night when I saw two former Cyclones guarding LBJ...and doing ok with it. Really makes the nba easier to watch for me....should be a good winter for nba games and Cyclone fans...
Gonna be a real long winter for Hok fans...:D

• Winner
Reactions: GTO and 0u812

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
SIAP but saw this over the weekend, and was in awe. It is one of the better fake spin moves I've seen. And it helps he made the shot too.

His game is so perfect for the NBA right now. Notice how he even faded when he knew he was wide open? That’s what the G league is for, he’s going to need that fade when he’s playing in the real show.

Reactions: srjclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
His game is so perfect for the NBA right now. Notice how he even faded when he knew he was wide open? That’s what the G league is for, he’s going to need that fade when he’s playing in the real show.
That is a move that you see in the league for sure. His passing has looked good as well, though we all knew he had a really good feel in that aspect of his game. I think his conditioning and ability to not force things are key to him climbing the ladder to playing in the league regularly. He has all of the tools, he just needs to become more consistent.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
That is a move that you see in the league for sure. His passing has looked good as well, though we all knew he had a really good feel in that aspect of his game. I think his conditioning and ability to not force things are key to him climbing the ladder to playing in the league regularly. He has all of the tools, he just needs to become more consistent.

The other x factor for THT is Lebron. I’m interested to see if he starts taking the time to mentor younger guys like THT in the coming years (maybe not this year as they’ve got a great shot at the title) as that is not something I feel like he really had to a certain extent when he came in to the league.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron