The standings now become the ranking, no more rationalization ...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
"TheJackWePack5 I love exposing false narratives.

KSU’s two leading running backs played (and until the end). Both are injured, combined had 20 of 38 carries. Skyler Thompson also had 14 of the 38. Those three had 35 of 38 carries. Terrible excuse, surly. Be better.

KSU’s leading receiver played. Knowles (3 catches) been injured all year. Wykeen Gill out with a concussion from Texas cheap shot. Knowles has played in 9 games and isn’t close to Schoens production. How is he considered Kansas State’s best receiver?

KSU’s “best tight end” played. Has a knee injury out for the season, Sam Wheeler. This freshman didn’t catch a pass in the first 4 games. How was he considered the best tight end?

KSU’s best linebacker played. Has not played all year, Justin Hughes. So they haven’t had him all year but this is an excuse now, why?

KSU’s two starters listed on the depth chart at corner played. AJ Parker out for the year, most likely. I guess I’ll be nice and give you this one.

How much fabrication can one post have? You're an idiot. Good job, I guess you only fabricated about 3/4 of your post.

@surly

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Jack, I suggest you concentrate on beating Ku and leave the K-State stuff to me because you're clueless and a complete jackass to boot.
Why? I’m not playing in the game.

I have left the K-State stuff to you, and you’re just not good at it.

I am “a clueless jackass” because I called you out on your lies/fabrication and you had no way to come back. Nice surrender, Batman.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Why? I’m not playing in the game.

I have left the K-State stuff to you, and you’re just not good at it.

I am “a clueless jackass” because I called you out on your lies/fabrication and you had no way to come back. Nice surrender, Batman.

You called no one out, you only showed your ignorance suggesting that walk-on, slot receiver Schoen is better than either Gill or Knowles. Suggesting that the QB run game wasn't forced because the running backs are beat up. Suggesting that because K-State's best linebacker and last year's captain has been out all year he somehow doesn't count. Suggesting that a freshman tight end doesn't become number one because he didn't start early on when he himself was injured. Like I said, concentrate on Ku football, Francis. You don't play State for another week.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
You called no one out, you only showed your ignorance suggesting that walk-on, slot receiver Schoen is better than either Gill or Knowles. Suggesting that the QB run game wasn't forced because the running backs are beat up. Suggesting that because K-State's best linebacker and last year's captain has been out all year he somehow doesn't count. Suggesting that a freshman tight end doesn't become number one because he didn't start early on when he himself was injured. Like I said, concentrate on Ku football. You don't play State for another week.
Kansas State’s top two running backs were receiving carries deep into the fourth quarter, and Knowles played the entire game.

Your original excuse was that they were injured. So either you are lying, or Kleiman needs a stern talking to about playing injured players.

Schoen is leading Kansas State in receptions, yards (by a wide margin) and touchdowns. So he isn’t their best receiver simply because he is a walk-on?

I never heard anything about K-State’s leading linebacker being out when the team was beating the MSU’s and OU’s in the world. Now that you lose to a lesser opponent at home, it’s an issue?

Be better, surly.

If you don’t want to talk about Kansas State, don’t post in the Big 12 conference forum.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
You called no one out, you only showed your ignorance suggesting that walk-on, slot receiver Schoen is better than either Gill or Knowles. Suggesting that the QB run game wasn't forced because the running backs are beat up. Suggesting that because K-State's best linebacker and last year's captain has been out all year he somehow doesn't count. Suggesting that a freshman tight end doesn't become number one because he didn't start early on when he himself was injured. Like I said, concentrate on Ku football, Francis. You don't play State for another week.

Hey @surly, were you ever able to find those post where I defended Bill Self? Surley you're not calling someone out for being arrogant when you still have yet to prove you're not arrogant in suggesting (and creating a thread to directly call me out) I'm a Bill Self defender. Maybe your still doing your research in finding these posts, and thats why you have yet to respond to me?

• Winner
Reactions: GTO

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Someone's getting a mite testy...

Raider

May 31, 2015
Let me know where you are and I'll stop by. We tailgate in the west side parking lot just to the left of this picture. Last visit, I met some ISU guys there who said they were associated with this site. They weren't at all hospitable though. Not sure why as the game had yet to be played.

image_handler.aspx
Not hospitable? Maybe they don't like T-shirt fans.

• Useful
Reactions: CY21

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Hey @surly, were you ever able to find those post where I defended Bill Self? Surley you're not calling someone out for being arrogant when you still have yet to prove you're not arrogant in suggesting (and creating a thread to directly call me out) I'm a Bill Self defender. Maybe your still doing your research in finding these posts, and thats why you have yet to respond to me?
One of your own posters put it up where you said you wished he coached at ISU. Let it rest.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Not hospitable? Maybe they don't like T-shirt fans.
Well, I walked over and said "hi," welcomed them to K-State, and they acted like they just came over from AFH in Clone jerseys. Millenials all. So, I let it rest and left. They were actually parked just a few spots from our tailgate. A camper of some sort. Hard to miss. But certainly full of confidence in themselves. Since I make a habit of welcoming visiting fans, I found it really odd coming from Clones, as I've always found them to be the most gracious.

• Creative
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn

So, although I didn't want to do this, after all your ongoing prodding, it didn't take long. This post of yours defending Ku/Self was buried in a 50-pager about Ku basketballers being investigated for raping a 16-year old girl. You go out of your way to explain how Self should have protected himself from the unfairness of making Ku hoops look bad because the "incident" was clearly overblown. And money given to shut down the investigation is in no way wrong for the briber or Ku hoopsters.

Mar 13, 2017
As the person who started this thread, I will say that I think a lot of you (well, mainly Surly) are digging hard to make KU look bad. A few things...

When KU locked up a share of the big 12 title with 3 games left, and won it outright with two games left, Self was an absolute idiot (and stubborn) for not suspending Jackson for at least a game. Do it if for nothing to save face and give the impression that you dont find what going on to be acceptable. Do it, and there is no one out there thinking that basketball is the most important thing at KU.

The story about the girl losing playing time because of the incident is overblown and inaccurate. Her dad is trying to spew a lot of things out to the media, and the KC Star is the only one taking the bait so far.

Jackson's attorney offering money to make it go away is in no way wrong. If i did something as dumb as he did and got caught, and at his age I was lucky to not get caught, I would want my attorney to do the same.

Last edited:

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Kansas State’s top two running backs were receiving carries deep into the fourth quarter, and Knowles played the entire game.

Your original excuse was that they were injured. So either you are lying, or Kleiman needs a stern talking to about playing injured players.

Schoen is leading Kansas State in receptions, yards (by a wide margin) and touchdowns. So he isn’t their best receiver simply because he is a walk-on?

I never heard anything about K-State’s leading linebacker being out when the team was beating the MSU’s and OU’s in the world. Now that you lose to a lesser opponent at home, it’s an issue?

Be better, surly.

If you don’t want to talk about Kansas State, don’t post in the Big 12 conference forum.

I'm baffled someone can watch KState game and not say Schoen is their best threat at receiver.

I guess since were playing Kansas next with so much aniticipation about that game i better not talk about it though.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I'm baffled someone can watch KState game and not say Schoen is their best threat at receiver.

I guess since were playing Kansas next with so much aniticipation about that game i better not talk about it though.
I couldn't name an ISU receiver this year. So, if I look at the stats, I suppose the best one is the one with the most yards? Is that good logic?

• Funny
Reactions: CyPunch

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Well, I walked over and said "hi," welcomed them to K-State, and they acted like they just came over from AFH in Clone jerseys. Millenials all. So, I let it rest and left. They were actually parked just a few spots from our tailgate. A camper of some sort. Hard to miss. But certainly full of confidence in themselves. Since I make a habit of welcoming visiting fans, I found it really odd coming from Clones, as I've always found them to be the most gracious.
If there were obnoxious, inappropriate, or rude fans representing Iowa State, I'd like to truly apologize for those types of fans which unfortunately permeate all fan bases.

Reactions: surly